Do I do none or partial customisation?

In a story I am planning, there are a couple of main characters who it is important that they have certain features the same. So, would you all prefer to have no customisation or have a partial customisation where a couple of features have been taken out?

Hey hey! :heartpulse: In my opinion it is always nice to get some partial customization because even if for example a certain hair color is crucial to the story getting to choose the hairstyle gives you a small chance of making the MC closer to your style as a reader.

2 Likes

Agreed, but I suggest just doing for MC and LI (if there are LI) as if you do other main characters like friends then there’d be a lot of different CC going on and the reader might get annoyed having to customize so many people. I suggest to make sure those bffs who are also main characters , have them have a diverse look. Meaning they can all have really different looks so that at least a few may be closer to how the reader likes it. Sometimes looking at your bff in the story is like “gosh, why does she look like this” :joy: Not to be rude or anything of course, we just all have different tastes, so it’s just a suggestion :slight_smile:

I thought about doing a partial customisation just for my MC and her biological mom at the start and then do a full customisation on the LI when they first appear. Is that ok do you think?

1 Like

It depends on who you ask. What is partial customisation? Is it limited eye colour or others? Cuz eye colour doesn’t really matter to me that much as long as it’s matching the other stuff that we can customise. It’s really your call, you’re the author. But my suggestion is the mom you can just do @MOM becomes YOU and then @MOM is ( insert the feature you want MOM to have )

It’s a guide on Dara Amarie’s website too. So when you finish customising MC, MOM looks similar without having to recustomise her. Idk this but I think most ppl like me don’t want to customise the mom… :sweat_smile:

Lol I was thinking the same, I assumed @episode.sarahlouise was planning on only adding CC for MC, LIs and maybe family (though I thought that the unchangeable features were going to be the ones that linked MC to her family).

@Sugar.wolf and @Lxyi Do you think I could show the mother on screen as the MC is being customised and say, please make them look similiar?

Moved to Share Feedback since you’re looking for opinions on your story. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

i think you don’t understand what i mean- There’s no need to do that. What this command/code does is after MC is customized, the Mom would automatically look the same as the MC (except for certain features you want to be different). I suggest doing MC CC first and then the mom comes in so she already looks similar to the daughter. But ofc the mom isn’t looking exactly like the MC.

Example:

Let’s pretend MC has
Skin Tone Neutral 01
Eyes Female Generic
Mouth Full Heart Pouty
and some other details

Once MC is customised you do this

@MOM becomes MC – the mom will look exactly like MC.
then
@MOM changes bodyColor into Neutral 02 (example only)
#and more details here

— that changes the features you want mom to have different from the mc so they dont look like twins

Check out dara’s guide on her website just search it up for more info!

1 Like

Okay, thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.