Do people read episode spotlight

Please do people read episode spotlight

There was a contest on Episode with spotlight, and a lot of readers read the authors stories, so I’m guessing the answer to your question is yes. :blush:

Okay Thanks!

No problem! :heart:

Yes and no. I have a spotlight story (for the contest). I was lucky enough to be chosen as a winner, but before that the story was performing the worst out of all the stories I’ve released (excluding my first story which I don’t talk about lol). I was getting fanmail basically daily from people saying that they didn’t like the bubbles and wouldn’t read on unless I removed them. Retention wise, I have a feeling that spotlight stories probably don’t do as well as cinematic stories.

Well, it may be easier to direct and write a story in spotlight for some people, but I think that cinematic is easier. However about reading the story itself, personally, I don’t like spotlight because it shows less of a dramatic feels to it if you know what I mean. But I don’t know about other people. Plus, I never saw any famous story on Episode which is Spotlight so I’m guessing it’s a no?

Spotlight is rather new, but limelight stories got lots of reads when it was new as well…

I don’t think it is, I’ve seen it before, I think it was back in 2015 I guess.

I’ve never even seen one episode using spotlight. Personally, if there were more Episodes using spotlight I wouldn’t mind reading them. I just don’t think there are that many.

I don’t like reading Spotlight stories. For me, directing is an important part that can add suspense, comedy, etc to a story. Without it, it feels like I’m reading Choices instead of Episode.
:star2:

I like Spotlight. I’ve read a few and other visual novel like stories on Episode. As long as I can read the prose and enjoy it, I’ll give it a shot.

The Spotlight, I believe is a rip-off of Choices (Which is a rip-off of Episode) . Spotlight, makes the feeling of the story fall. You don’t really get to see them do anything but talk. And in my opinion, it’s rather boring.

Episode had the spotlight style way before Choices was even an app. They just revamped and renewed it recently.

Okay. My mistake.

I mean released to authors. Yes, it had been talked about for a while, but it just got released last year.

Oh, I see I didn’t really know because I wasn’t on the forums last year.

Tbh not that’s often bec I prefer full animation but I do read some really good ones. For example Maternal Instincts is a really good one

I might read it.

I really liked your spotlight story despite not being a big fan of spotlight!

Thank you so much :grin:. I’m really glad that you gave it a chance despite the style! I do plan on redoing it as a cinematic version in the future, but because of the line limit it actually won’t be quite the same and there’ll be less endings/branching :woman_shrugging: