Do people read new INK stories anymore? (2024)

Hey! I was just wondering if people still read INK stories that are new? I’m asking because I started making an INK story years ago and never finished. Now that I’m older (and have much better writing and directing skills), I’m unsure of whether I should switch to Limelight.

I use a lot of overlays, art scenes, and even custom animation scenes! Personally, these are easier to make in INK style, but I would still make them for Limelight if that is now the preferred style!

I don’t want to spend time making art and custom animations for INK if nobody will see it as they take a lot of work. I can see the benefits of both styles, but need help making a final decision!

Thank you!!!

4 Likes

yes omg i’ve always loved ink and i think i always will

1 Like

People will still happily read INK. Those who prefer it over Limelight and those who hold no preference on art style.
I personally still read INK stories and have no objection to reading a brand new one, IF they’re interesting enough - the same attitude I have towards Limelight.

Write in whichever style YOU want to. You could always release a Limelight version at a later time.

2 Likes

I still like to read both and write in both styles. Only thing is that INK doesn’t get updated anymore. :pensive:

1 Like

Yeah, of course! And I will be publishing an INK story in the future, and INK is still my favorite story style to read in. :heart_hands:

1 Like

Absolutely!! I’ll defo read your story

1 Like

Yes some people like to read new ink stories and for myself I like to read and write stories in Ink and Limelight art styles. Good luck on your ink story whether you continue it or not :blush::smiling_face:.

1 Like

yes and no

1 Like

Yes, they do! I’m in the same boat, a lot of my story uses custom animation and stuff since INK barely gets updated anymore and it also expands what I’m able to do when it comes to storytelling. It’s definitely easier to do this in INK as opposed to Limelight because of the solid colors, but I say write in whichever style feels the most natural for your story, not which one is more popular.

1 Like

I personally wouldn’t, but I know and have seen sooo many people that adore INK and still read it!! More often than not haha

1 Like

Thank you all! After reading your replies I’ve decided to stick to INK for now! I’ve already put a lot of work into it and kinda wanna continue it in the style I started it in!

If I every got a large number of reads (and if people wanted me to), I’d definitely make a limelight version of the story!

I’m in no way thinking that the story I’m working on will turn into a hit, and I think if I went with limelight that I’d lose a bit of heart in finishing it… I know that sounds a bit silly, but I started writing the story with my highschool best friend (he made a couple INK stories too :)). If anything, the story is for him and I don’t think it would be right for me to change the style just to potentially gain readers. At the end of the day, if people read it and like it, I’ll be so grateful! And if it’s only me who reads it, I’ll still be happy knowing that I completed it :slight_smile:

1 Like