Do think that White People should use these words?

I was on instagram and I seen someone post this on their story:

And it basically says that white people cannot use slangs such as periodt, chile, sis, and many others…
Basically they’re saying that people that are not of color cannot use these slangs
So what do you guys think about this opinion? :thinking:

17 Likes

absolutely ridiculous

18 Likes

Exactly!! Saying “Sis” is of no importance :neutral_face: I can see if someone is getting offended over the n word but the things that were listed above is BS :roll_eyes:

14 Likes

trying to process cause im black my head is spinning… Okay, so let me get this straight, non POC are using these words?

14 Likes

Wait, period? Like someone can’t say they’re on their period? I am so confused. What context?

15 Likes

ohh wait, so its addressing to POC who uses these words n saying that they CAN’T?

5 Likes

Im more confused…

4 Likes

The title says, “Do you agree that non POC SHOULD use these words?”
So it insinuates POC shouldn’t? Most likely, I believe, it’s a typo.

7 Likes

I think they mean the slang word “periodt”. So the expression “and that’s on periodt” should be off limits to non POC.

This is stretching it a little far IMO :woman_shrugging:t3:

7 Likes

oh, cause im having a headache n im like “BRUH”.

4 Likes

Thanks so much for the explanation! I suppose I was a little ignorant. I’m going to search that up now.

5 Likes

Oh.

There’s this article:

4 Likes

I was confused about it when I first read the post too :joy: crazy what a difference a “t” can add.

3 Likes

Yeah haha! All in all, it was a typo. But I still have to figure out what they meant by “sis” and “chile”

2 Likes

Wait NOO I MEANT NON- POC SORRY!!

2 Likes

It’s okay its okay lol, Im having this weird dizziness right now lol, its okay. lol

1 Like

Like the slang word “periodt” :joy::joy: when you’re hyping someone lol

So sorry for confusing you guys!!

3 Likes

yep, PERIODT!!!

1 Like

Then I don’t think I’m the most suitable for this topic. Though I think the bigger question is how far apart language and slang is.
(Though I was waiting or a thread to come up for ages, I stared at an empty “new” for a long time)

1 Like