Do we need to change the volume for sound?

When I change the volume for music to 0 and insert some sound in between the scene, it works just fine in the portal but when I preview it on the app, the sound doesn’t work.

I have tried setting the volume of sound to 100 before every sound command and it didn’t work out as I hoped it would

Honestly, I’m confused if I should or shouldn’t change the volume command for sound after all.

Aren’t volume command for both sound and music different from each other?
Or am I supposed to change the volume command for sound every time I change the volume command for music?

1 Like

The volumes for sounds & musics are different. I’m not really sure what you mean here. If it works in preview, but doesn’t work in app, that might be an episode issue. You could try and make sure at the beginning of the scene that the volume is at 100 for sound. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

they are different so it shoudl not influence volume of sound if you mute music - the problem will be probably elswhere.

Sound sometimes do not play if you before had another sound command and the first sound didnt stopped playig or of there is sound off command - usually some pause added in between helps solve this.

Show us your script with some lines above and under where you do this not working sound part - we can check if there isnt anything hindering the sound to work properly.

1 Like

Here’s some part of my script where the error occurs-

EXT. BACKYARD_DERWIN-EDWARDS - DAY
@cut to zone 2

music music_blastingbeat_nextdoor
volume music 100 0

&zoom reset
&CHARACTER stands screen center and CHARACTER starts
idle_headbob_neutral_loop

NARRATOR
Dialogue

volume sound 100 0
sound phone_beep

NARRATOR
Dialogue.

EXT. PISCES
music music_spaceyslowjam

&zoom on 253 396 to 397% in 0

@CHARACTER spot 1.280 235 -6
@pause for 1.5

&zoom on 111 87 to 100% in 0.2

@CHARACTER starts talk_handsonhips_neutral_loop and CHARACTER faces left

@speechbubble reset
CHARACTER
Dialogue.

volume sound 100 0
sound phone_beep

CHARCATER (talk_armscrossed_shrug_neutral)
Dialogue

I don’t know if it is my fault or just an episode glitch but I’ll look into it again. Thanks for your suggestion.

I’m so sorry for being so confusing :sweat:

What I meant was if volume command for sound and music were different, which you answered- thanks!

I’m having some issue with the volume command for sound and I wanted to know if there was a way to fix it.

And yes, the sound does work in portal but not in the app- maybe it is an episode glitch? Nevertheless, I’ll take your advise and see if it works.
Thanks!

hmm regarding the sound I don’t see an issue in the script. Butt what comes in m mind - I know some internet browsers cause problems with sound (opera mainly) try it in Chrome if you are not using it.

Also, test it in the app it plays there - simply to check if the problem isn’t just in the browser.

1 Like

I am using opera but because I had sound issues with chrome :weary:
Idk, it worked well before when I changed into opera but I guess it doesn’t anymore. Anyway, I’ll try giving chrome another shot.
Thank you so much for your help and suggestion.

hope it will help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.