Do y’all care about grammar and punctuation?

Do people really care about grammar and punctuation and if so like how much ?

6 Likes

A lot. Others understand if English isn’t everyone’s native language. But, yes grammar and punctuation are important.

7 Likes

Ok so do you think I need periods at the end of all sentences? (when it goes there ofc)

3 Likes

All sentence, yes.

3 Likes

Got it!

2 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this doesn’t belong in any Creator’s Corner categories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

1 Like

depends on how bad
i dont really care about commas but periods in FAT paragraphs are needed. and i dont really care about capital I’s as you can see

2 Likes

Ok thank you!

2 Likes

Yep definitely, if it doesn’t have good grammar I’m sorry but I can’t finish it. It is something I find annoying​:nail_care::smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Obviously mistakes can happen as you type away. But overall grammar and punctuation is very important. I have actually given up on several stories in the past because it’s just too irritating to me. Whilst English isn’t everyone’s native language, there are ways around it. There’s online software to use, and people to ask for help, so there’s not really a logical reason to not make the absolute best effort to polish the grammar and punctuation of your story.
Especially as I think that it’s a bigger issue to many people than basic directing or CC.

8 Likes

Yes, it’s a must or I’ll leave, that’s just me :nerd_face:.

2 Likes

I’m that type of person who can’t stand to read a story if it doesn’t have proper punctuation or grammar :sweat_smile: It really bothers me when there isn’t to the point where I’ll exit the story and never read it again. Is it a tiny bit shallow and petty? Maybe, but I’m just a perfectionist lol

2 Likes

However, you need to have proper spelling and grammar when it comes to writing a story! Outside of writing, sure, you can do whatever. But if someone is to read your story, they need to be able to make sense of it.

2 Likes

I do, I doesn’t have to be that good but I’d like to understand what’s going on so if a story keeps messing up the verbs and make some words unreadable I’ll stop reading

1 Like

Depends.

Like stories or arguments, yeahs (even though I make so many mistake like not typing a word that I thought I wrote)

But forums or texts then I don’t care much.
Just put punctuation at the end of sentences so I know when it ends in big paragraph.

1 Like

This. There are many online tools like Grammarly where you can paste your script onto, and proofreaders aren’t that hard to find. I just saw a somewhat big author on IG getting called out for her repeated spelling errors and grammar (admittedly the commentor was kinda rude) and she just basically said ‘English isn’t my first language, deal with it or go find other stories to read’. I remember that her author’s notes in the story also stated the same thing. Like girl. I’m not native myself but I take grammar/spelling errors very seriously. It’s the least I can do when writing in another language.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.