Do y'all get mad when there is a large time skip?

Such as at the end of a story when theres a jump of like five years to when the mc is married or something??

2 Likes

I guess that depends on the length of the time gap. You know how in some stories after the MCā€™s story it starts to revolve around her childā€™s story. Well I kind of find it wierd to see the MC older in that way. But Iā€™m fine with around 1-8 years of time gap, depending on the MCā€™s age at the end of that time gap.

1 Like

Yeah, kindaā€¦ I donā€™t really like epilogues that have a flash forward to a wedding dayā€¦ And then I hate it even more when they keep flashing forward to show kids and stuff. Some stories can do it well, but others seem to just not know when to finish

1 Like

If it acts as an epilogue and perhaps to provide closure for some readers, I reckon it is fine.

1 Like

It completely depends on how well it fits into the rest of the story for me. Sometimes, youā€™re left thinking ā€œwait. How? Why are they getting married? How did she get that job? I didnā€™t even know he was interested in her. I thought she didnā€™t even want kidsā€ or a bunch of other things which can be jarring. The epilogue needs to be a natural progressionā€¦ otherwise itā€™s just bad

3 Likes

I do get mad when it happens.
I know I am not the one to say that Episode stories should have realismā€¦that every love relationship isnā€™t perfect. I mean, in that 5 years, some arguments or something is bound to happen to tear down or ā€˜problemarizeā€™ that relationshipā€¦or whatever it is. Five years is a very long time! But, some authors just show that the relationship (especially in a typical high school story) between the female and male protagonists is ā€˜stronger than everā€™ and they are getting married on an auspicious day. I agree it is, butā€¦give a more suitable closure at least? At least through simple text narration? If spot directing takes too much time, that isā€¦

1 Like

Hello @lavende.rstories, this is Sydney the Moderator! Welcome to the forums. :smiley: Iā€™ve moved this topic to Episode Fan Community since the discussion is related to Episode stories. It may be merged with any similar topics that discuss the same issue. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to ask me if there are any questions. :wink:

1 Like

Not necessarily if itā€™s done well.

1 Like