Do y'all plan out your story or make it up as you go?

I am way too type A I have the entire thing planned :see_no_evil: literally episode by episode a paragraph of what is going to happen in each one. But depending on length things get shifted and new scenes will get added in as I write. But with mysteries. I know the ending from the very beginning!

6 Likes

And that’s on organization. :joy:

3 Likes

:joy: exactly. I have a whole system, but minor stuff definitely changes as I start writing

2 Likes

I wish I was that organized

3 Likes

OOOOO. It’s almost a tie.

I have the idea and I know what will happen throughout the story but i never really plan

2 Likes

lmao both

1 Like

I kinda do the same. I know what I want the outcome to be and I know I want drama. BAM! Organization at its finest :sunglasses: :ok_hand:t4:

2 Likes

It usually becuase I get these great ideas during the writing process and it throws me off so i’m like ‘screw it, no one’s gonna read it’ :rofl:

2 Likes

My upcoming story will have only 7 episodes (i guess) and I written down the whole story to my notebook! :sweat_smile: But the scenes, and the dialogues are pop out of my head suddenly. :nerd_face: Idk how to write a long story tho! :thinking:

3 Likes

Lol, me :joy:

2 Likes

I always wanna make a long story, but then I have so many ideas, I like throw them all into a few chapters so I don’t forget them and then I’m just like “Well now my story makes no sense and I don’t have anymore ideas”

2 Likes

Just like me! I was writing my story’s plot, but i realized that I run out of ideas, and my ending is well let’s say “complete”. And idk how to put more in it. I always thought that after you publish a right amount of chapters (4-5) you just get used to your story and always have a new idea in your mind. I always wanted to hear other author’s opinion about what it is like to write a veeeryyy longgg story!

2 Likes

Literally me

1 Like

Whenever people ask me for writing advice I always say “PLAN EVERYTHING” but I don’t actually follow my own advice… I always have a few plot devices thought out but not really planned at all. When I write a chapter I make scenes up as I go along. I usually go in pretty blindly and it somehow works out in the end. I’m 25 chapters in with my story using this technique and I’m surprised it hasn’t backfired on me yet :sweat_smile: :joy: The scenes, dialogue, everything is just made up as I go lol.

6 Likes

I tend to write down key things about my characters but other than that I make it up as I go :slight_smile:

2 Likes

When I plan it, it doesn’t work out so I just write and think ideas come better to me like that

3 Likes

Wait a second. Your story “Elementals” Is literally my favourite thing in the world rn. I legit check episode everyday just to see if there’s a new chapter. I’m not sure how the rest of the story is gonna play out but I already choose Storm.

3 Likes

I do that too. I always tell people “Do this, Do that, it’ll help your story” but then i don’t even listen to my own advice

2 Likes

OOOO. Make it up as I go is in the lead!

2 Likes