Do you end up hating ur story either?

I have a story and I probably have revamped it for at least 4 times. Idk, when I reread it I feel like I could do so much better, and eventually, I end up loosing all motivation and stop writting even tho i really want to (?)
Does this happens to you too? Do you know how “fix” this? :joy:

12 Likes

I hate my first one but love my others even though I cringe sometimes :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oh my god, this happens to me so much, I keep rewriting my first episode, I’m always critical of everything. I quit on my stories a lot as well!

2 Likes

I only really hate one of mine (which honestly I just completely ignore. It’s completed and it just sits there, and I’m fine with that). I had another two that I would read back and think I could do better, so I went ahead and revamped them. It didn’t take too long to do so either. But that helped me get back motivation, etc.

2 Likes

My one and only story, I am starting to hate. IDK why. I was extremely into it the first 3 chapters and then I lost motivation for it. I still think of so many I could add into the story, but most times I just don’t want to touch it. Maybe once the story starts picking up I’ll be into it :thinking: Good thing I basically planned it out and there’s only a handful of chapters left.

1 Like

I don’t really hate my story. It’s just the first few episodes I tend to like the least because I feel like they’re not exactly up to par with the rest of the story. I feel like this is because I’m learning new and more awesome things, directing and character wise, while writing new chapters.

It’s to the point I don’t even like reading through them because maximum cringe is activated.

A way to fix this? Shake up the plot a little maybe? Add something daunting within it? Or maybe even daydream about your characters in a different humorous, dramatic, suspenseful, etc. scenarios. Daydreaming is my greatest tool in writing.

3 Likes

Lmao yes and no, and I don’t think there is a way to fix this - this is seriously to me a part of the creative process - being your own toughest critic!

1 Like

Yes :sob: my one and only story :no_mouth: I just hate it and don’t even wanna make it better :upside_down_face:
Solutions - I just leave it for death :sleepy: and going to start other :sweat: hope it didn’t end same :no_mouth:

2 Likes

I hate my first story lol. It’s complete and I haven’t deleted it, but I keep it hidden from my profile. I recently went back to reread the first episode and I cringed so hard.
It’s not fixable lol I’ve already revamped it several times :rofl:

I have another story that I’m so on the fence with right now lol and I feel like I’ve spent more time trying to fix it than I have trying to write it so I’m starting to resent it lol.

5 Likes

Yes. I always doubt myself.

1 Like

Omg, one of my stories makes me cringe, but I don’t want to delete it because it has 19k views!!! :sob::sob::sob: It’s so generic

1 Like

I feel you. It’s annoying and I don’t know how to “fix” it either, lmao. I want to revamp my story ‘Gangsta’ but that’s A LOT of work and I’ve tried before but in the middle of doing it, I lose inspiration and abandon it. :joy:

3 Likes