Do you ever wish you were popular?

I wish I was popular as an Episode writer.
In school I wasn’t popular but there’s something I know for a fact, most of those popular girls in school are mostly fake and are hiding their real insecurities by behaving like that. It makes most them feel loved or feel good about themselves or just to fill something missing in them. I didn’t envy none of that. If I’m popular I want it to be because I’m myself and not pretending to be something I’m not

1 Like

Honestly when I went to school there was no popular kids or if they were didn’t notice. I was more of a floater anyway and hanged out with different group everyday week depending on who I felt like hanging out with.

When I was in school I did wish I was part of the group who threw all the house parties, went to overseas music festivals together and had the best instagram feeds. But I had a friend group who I loved (and still love) so, so much. Whereas that group always seemed to have some tiring internal conflict going on.

But I had no friends in primary school, so I did always love Regina George and Blair Waldorf types

1 Like

No. I don’t wish I was popular.
Being popular kind of comes with the obligation from the people around you to always look perfect, pretty. I have a few very very close friends, and I wouldn’t give them up for anything. They love me for who I am, they don’t care how I look. I always thought it must be really lonely to be popular and have a ton of friends but no close friends who are truly there for you.

If people wanted to be friends with me just because I was popular, I don’t want them as friends, because chances are they’re fake and may end up being toxic.

2 Likes

Nah, majority of the people at my school is fake and have a b*tchy and pretty image. Well, at one point, I kind of did want to be popular but I knew I couldn’t maintain that image.

Although I’m glad that I’m not popular because I wouldn’t want fake people hanging out with me pretending to be so nice while talking shit about me.

1 Like

Nah I don’t feel the need to be popular. I mean, in my school there isn’t a popular group tbh. I have a large group of friends, we go/plan parties etc but not everyone at school knows who we are. But that’s okay I love my firends.

1 Like

hey, There are alot of non popular guys out there! that other girls dont want, and they lowkey cute soo
(im not popular in the slightest and i still talk to guys and such!, and also its so much fun not having alot of people to deal with like the popular people!) Be who you are

1 Like

In elementary school I used to be popular because everyone trusted me and thought I was nice. But now I don’t really want to be popular, I think it must be hard to do everything perfect.

With popular people, usually comes fake friends. I’ve seen so many ‘popular’ people involved in arguments and after, they’re left with no real friends to back them up. It may be a more fun lifestyle temporarily, but even with all those people around you can still feel incredibly alone. So nah, it’s not something I care about anymore tbh :relieved:

1 Like

In my personal experience, it’s best to stay as your own true, honest person rather than try to be one of the popular girls. Being you attracts the right people for you! If you act like someone else, you’re not attracting YOUR friends, you’re attracting the character your playing’s friends. Popular girls/guys end up crashing and burning, something will happen and their “friends” won’t have their back. Someone wants to spread a rumor about a popular kid? They can, and it’ll be easy. Want to spread a rumor about a people with genuine friends? Pfft good luck! By surrounding yourself with the right people you’ll learn to love and accept yourself for who you are, bringing in the kind of people you want in your life, and you don’t have to play pretend (which can lead to even more self doubt). It’s cliche but it’s true: BE. YOURSELF.

2 Likes

Well nah I don’t wish to be popular. I used to wish to be popular but not anymore. I’d rather be happy with a friend that cares about me than being popular and having fake friends. I don’t want to date anybody in high school because I’m not interested and most of the boys in my grade aren’t attractive so no thanks. Most of them are annoying as fuck anyways, they’re always in drama, and spread rumors to other people. Most popular girls are not virgins and the same goes for the popular boys that hang out with the popular girls. The boys that the popular girls date will most likely last for a few months. Just be yourself, focus on your studies, be happy to the friends you care about and make new friends!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.