Do you guys like being able to name the MC

Hi guys! I’m writing my story right now, and it’d be better if I named my character, but I heard readers like naming themselves. I was wondering if stories without name customization annoy some of you or not. Do you guys like being able to name the MC, or do you guys not care. Thank you!

-✯Insta: creatiff.writes

4 Likes

do you like to name MC

• yes
  • no

0 voters

1 Like

I personaly hate naming characters because I never give them my own name and it takes me forever to think of one, I also don’t like giving them the same name in every story.

3 Likes

I do, but it really doesn’t matter

2 Likes

I find choosing names hard, so I borrow them from my friends.

When reading a story, I’d rather not choose. I invariably pick the default name the author suggests, and the appearance for that matter.

3 Likes

i do like them, however, i also love it when the author gives you the option to choose a name but if you can’t decide they give you the “standard” name for the mc which you then can fill in instead.

3 Likes

Well it’s good for me anyway. I like giving name but I never mind if the character has her/his own name. So if u give your character your own desired name it’s perfectly fine :blob_hearts:

2 Likes

I prefer to not be able to choose the name because I think it plays way too much of an important part and I could never think of a good one :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I literally don’t mind either. I don’t get why some people act like it effects the whole storyline if they don’t get to put their own name. I’d read a story allowing me to give my name, and one that doesn’t regardless. :ribbon:

1 Like