DO you guys like it when choices matter?

I really hate them tbh but what about you guys?

4 Likes

Yes, it makes the reader feel more involved with the story :blush: It doesn’t have to be really complex choices which change the whole story line, the small choices, in my opinion, make a story great! It is, afterall - "Episode: Choose your story".

12 Likes

:thinking::thinking: yeah agreed.

2 Likes

Yeah, I like it, but at the same time I don’t like it because it’s really stressful and you’re like, ohmagad, what do I pick, am i gonna die if I pick this one? Wait but if I do that one then they’ll die.

3 Likes

My first episode story leans heavily on this. I’m hoping to make a choose your own adventure type episode story since it is my favorite.

1 Like

I honestly don’t like it, it is stressful lol

Do not get me wrong, everyone’s opinions are valid, but…

4 Likes

No, I mean I like it a lot :joy: it’s stressful in a rollercoaster way. Scary in a good way.

1 Like

I really don’t get why hate them. Would you rather have choices that mean nothing to the story?? Of course choices in a story is gonna have to matter. Every choice we make irl matters and affects us, so why not represent that in a story? It’s realistic.

2 Likes

Maybe some people are looking for more of a visual story? :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Tbh, I would say yeah, u dont have to make it, well u know, hard to do when putting it in the script, U can do simple choices if u want just to practice to get use to the choices, branching, etc.

Author like Wincy wong, she does have good taste in choices and branching them. She knows how to handle choices, etc. Just saying and giving an example.

4 Likes

Authors like me who likes to do simple choices, are much easier. Because u can start getting more into knowing choices better, just by keeping it short, and going with the flow. I dont make my choices hard, its very easy and simple. It makes me feel like Ive learned a lot with choices.

For branching, nope, not gonna happen, if u would like to know how to do branching, I would either suggest going to author like @wincyyellow for help, and other authors who nails the choices/branching down.

I FEEL LIKE I AM A TEACHER RIGHT NOW LOL

3 Likes

TEACH! :raised_hands:t5:

1 Like

With pleasure. curtsy :joy:

1 Like

Well I don’t like them if they matter to the story but that’s just my opinion :relaxed:

2 Likes

Yes I love them, but there are certain types of stories & scenes that dont need it. For example, flashbacks and stories that are telling how something happened in the past.

3 Likes

yes. BOOM!

2 Likes

I love it, because then the reader feels if they made the right choice and what will happen next

4 Likes

i really like them, it gives you a chance to decide what’s going to happen! x

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is about story choices. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink: