DO you guys like it when choices matter?

I mean, personally, if I have COMPLETELY planned out a story and a plot, I would rarely incorporate choices into it because that’s now how my story was originally planned. I don’t have an issue with choices, but you just have to know when to incorporate them.

1 Like

I like them. I originally found this app because I wanted to play a game where my choices would matter lol.
What I don’t like is when one wrong decision changes your outcome and you have to replay to see the alternatives. I also hate replaying in general so I really like when authors include bonus episodes where you can see all the endings.

3 Likes

I love them. I have them in all of my stories.

1 Like

it depends honestly, Some authors make choices way too hard and unreasonable in the name of being “interactive” without taking into account that it shouldn’t be hard. I also don’t like having so much control like when it’s the first few episodes and we’re supposed to decide the love interest so quickly through choices without knowing their personality. I also don’t like when we have to make a certain choice and act stupid and less independent to be with the love interest. Overall I only like choices if the authors are super clear about them and don’t make them too hard or too imposing on the general story. Edit: and choices can be really good for stories depending on genre like adventure or thriller but for romance I don’t see the need to have so many choices other than points with the love interest

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.