Do you guys like mafia stories?

in my opinion i do like them but only if they have a good plot and the narration is good.

6 Likes

I think there are way too many of them on the app and whatever the author would write about it wouldn’t be original anymore. :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

I personally hate them. Most of them glorify the Mafia even though they’re an organization that killed countless people. The LIs I’ve seen are also possessive and controlling of the MC. I think a lot of them promote violence. Other than that, it’s just an overused plot. Although I would definitely be open to reading a story where the Mafia is portrayed as dangerous instead of romanticized.

8 Likes

I hate mafia stories because it romantises everything what shouldn’t be romantised at all!

8 Likes

its really depends, i like mafia story idea, but many of them are really bad made, and have a lot of things I cant stand,

I think @amepisode have made one of the best I read, its was more realistic, and also for once it was a normal girl with a normal life who made bad decision by dating a mafia guy,

not one whom they have made every single bad thing there can happen to MC so dating a criminal is basically a step up from their garbage life,

3 Likes

Perfectly said :ok_hand:

3 Likes

In my opinion, I love it. Whether it have zooms or not, good directing, bad directing. In my eyes I love it. (I wear glasses btw, so perhaps, some people probably reading this post might think I need to change my glasses. lol.).
I love the adreneline, some does keep your heart pumping lol.
In my opnion, they sorta unique in their own way.
Yea some of them have the same plot but children write what they see.
I don’t really read it anymore though,
No i not condoning Mafia stories and what they do, but it’s just my preference…
No I not encouraging people to write them either. It is just what was appealing on the shelf sometime ago. I just read what I found and found it interesting.
At the end of the day, I don’t let a fictional story direct my life.

2 Likes

While many are repetitive, I have read a few that I enjoyed. Not all of them are bad, and while some are cliche, cliches can also be well written in my opinion.

The issue with mafia stories is that they glorify having a bad boy boyfriend who kills people and puts the MC in constant danger, and even pushes the MC away and hurts the MC ALL THE TIME. Yes, it’s a story, but that doesn’t take away from the fact that that’s an issue! There’s a young and impressionable audience on the app!

I personally think that there a way too many mafia stories that have the same concepts and plots, so if I see a mafia story that has done research and isn’t problematic and tells a different, original story, then I’ll check it out.

4 Likes

This means a lot to me, thank you :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this doesn’t belong in any Creator’s Corner categories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

No

5 Likes

I find the topic of mafias/organized crime interesting…But I haven’t really read any episode stories about it that I’ve enjoyed.

3 Likes

Only some of them like the chain reaction series, It’s just an illusion series and the deep attraction series, I’ve read a few others and they’re all way too similar.

1 Like

I don’t really read them that often because there’s just too many of them. Although my favorite on episode that has a mafia stories is Missmj’s illusion/chain reaction stories.

2 Likes

I hate them with a burning passion lol.

4 Likes

I absolutely despise mafia stories. Most follow a general storyline of powerful men dominating the MC. I also don’t like the way the mafia is portrayed, Some make it seem like a fun experience filled of action and adventure when it’s really filled with lies, pain, and crime. :sweat_smile: But hey to each their own! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

nope, there’s so many on this app, it became its own genre and this point :disappointed_relieved:

4 Likes

That’s the saddest thing I’e heard all day.

3 Likes

AGREED! But HopeMoon’s mafia stories are the only ones that peak my interest.

1 Like