Do you guys like sequels to stories?

I’ve been thinking of doing sequels to 2 of my stories but I geninuely want to know what people think about them in general and in terms of episode. What do you guys think about it? :pleading_face:

4 Likes

Go for it babes, I’d read a sequel :relieved::two_hearts:

1 Like

i don’t mind it

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this doesn’t belong in any Creator’s Corner category. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

1 Like

I think it sort of depends. In general, sequels usually don’t do as well as the original story, especially if it’s in a separate book, so if your first story wasn’t super popular, that might be something to think about?

It also depends whether you actually have a good idea for a sequel. I have one story with a sequel, even though I’d originally said it was complete and I wouldn’t do one, because I thought of a really good idea. It ended being a good decision for various reasons.

1 Like

Honestly I really like sequels especially where it’s like the kids story but it has drama/ content from the first story I think they’re fun to read but make sure if you do do a story where it’s a sequel with the kids to make it the kids story not just another of the parents (I’ve read wayyyy too many stories like that)

1 Like

i agree, i agree

you think it would still be good if i made it kinda both?

1 Like

Yea I love those type of stories I think it’s good use info and characters from the first story while making it mainly about the kids/kid

1 Like

right right. i mean like the way the prequel is going to end is very happy but readers are gonna have alot of questions. plus i think i can do alot with the sequel because of the state of the MC and LI’s realtionship and also what they are doing in life. like they aren’t married yet and they both have strong careers now.

1 Like

That sounds amazing I think it’s really smart leave the story where you have a few questions when making two stories so they will want to read the second story more!

1 Like

yesss! ima do it lol but i gotta finish the first one. also what do you think is a good story length because mine is slowburn and also progresses pretty realisticly. I was aiming for about 35 (im on 18 now) but i think i can get to 40 or even 50 without it being a waste of passes and time

1 Like

I say make it however long you need but with that being said don’t make it too long but also don’t make it feel rushed

1 Like

I personally will read about any story length as long as it’s a good plot and directing and the plot isn’t being like dragged forever for no reason and it’s also not being rushed

what’s considered rushed?

1 Like

Like in one story I read I thought it was gonna be one story but it was three in like 40 episodes which for me wasn’t long enough for three separate stories that were like sequels one story was like six episode and the ending was really rushed like she just tried to sum it up too fast there was hardly any time for development

1 Like

I say go for it! I know a lot of people like them. Personally I don’t like them that much because in the first story I get attached to the MC’s point of view and I can never see the sequel (through someone else’s eyes) as at the same level. Doe this make sense :rofl:

2 Likes

ify ify yea

1 Like

:sob: :sob: :sob:lmao yea yea it does, i get you.

1 Like