Do You Have A Writing Schedule?

Besides work and anything else that you guys do. Do you have a writing schedule? And is it important to have one or is it optional?

5 Likes

I do not have a writing schedule. In my opinion it is completely optional because I don’t like to force myself to write it makes it feel like a chore and then I just have to go back and fix it so why not just wait but it does work for some people to have one.

4 Likes

Kinda, I write when I know I’ll have a good hour or two locked out, or during class since It is the end of the year (though todays the last day, yay) I more have a writing lay out of what I’ll write and what order. It’s a bit more optional of times as I don’t want to feel confined, if that makes sense but I do make a lot of time for it and I’m more than half way done with the chapters I’m going to publish when it gets released.

2 Likes

Right now I usually write in the timeframe from around 6pm to 10pm, some days in a week. (Since I have gotten into a flow with it) I however, only do it when I want to and feel motivated, so I don’t think it’s that important to have a schedule. :smiley:

2 Likes

Personally I don’t have a schedule because I don’t want to force myself to write but I try to push myself to write a bit every day.

3 Likes

I don’t have a writing schedule really, I just write when I feel like it, just trying to change up my writing style I write when I have time sometimes I do push myself because I do like to writing all the time but only when I feel like it but even if I don’t I make myself write bc it’s relaxing and it helps me with stress.

1 Like

I don’t have a writing schedule but its different for everyone. In my opinion I don’t like to work on a daily schedule like a robot, I write when I feel like it, I never force myself :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Lord I want one. I try to get at least 200 lines done per day, but it depends entirely on my motivation level. Some days I can crank out en entire chapter, some days I can’t do anything more than play with outfits.

1 Like

That’s what I go with. If I force myself to write it then I’m gonna end up hating my story. I write as much as I can when I get the motivation to.

2 Likes

Not an actual writing schedule, per se, but I get most of my writing done on Saturday and Sunday mornings at Starbucks. During the week, it’s hard to find time to write because of work, but when I have time, I try to write a little during my break, and sometimes in the evenings when I’m feeling motivated and inspired.

So far, with my current story, I’ve been publishing a chapter every other Sunday morning. I hope I can finish and publish chapter 6 of my story the Sunday after this one, but June is a very busy month at my job and chapter 6 has a few complicated crowd scenes, so I hope I can publish on time.

1 Like

I think it is optional. I don’t have a specific schedule. Only write when I’m done with my assignments or on a semester break. To write, I have to have these two: time & good mental health.

1 Like

I don’t have a writing schedule… But I take a lot of notes… Simple things like → titles of my episodes or the main characters…

1 Like