Do you have to put warnings on every episode or can you just put it on the first episode only?

Hiya, I was just wondering if you have to put warnings on every episode or if you can just put it on the first episode and tell readers that it applies to all future episodes?

2 Likes

if you say “it applies to all your future episodes” than no u don’t

1 Like

Thank you! Is this a fact from Episode?

Well, it depends. What are the warnings?

1 Like

If the warnings are about potential triggering topics then they should be shown each episode without choice.
For other warnings, you should make them be mandatory for the first episode, but for future episodes they can be optional.
You should always be able to see warnings before each chapter just in case.
So I would suggest adding an options screen at the beggining of each episode or find an alternative to that atleast

2 Likes

curse words, violence, flashing lights and sexual topics.

Okay thank you!

Depending on the violence, I would say adding a content warning before that scene will suffice. As for flashing lights and sexual topics. If it’s in every scene or episode, then yes, I would put a content warning in each episode and one before the scene.

1 Like

Okay I think I will give the readers the choice then x :blush:

It’s up to you. If the first episode only includes strong language but no mature themes, it’s good to also include a mature themes warning for future episode. I think it’s best to include a warning for every episode the warnings apply to.

1 Like

Okay thank you!

1 Like

It’s up to you tbh. I suggest that you do it only for the first episode and make sure it says “this will apply to all the other episodes” or something like that. If there are sexual scenes or violence scenes in a particular episode, I think it’s better to have a choice that says

MC (animation)

I’m ready to fight them!

NARRATOR 

This scene might be trigerring to some people. Are you sure you want to see the scene?

choice “Yes, let me see the fight scene.” {

(fight scene here)

} “No. Skip the fight scene” {

NARRATOR

Okay!
}

(And continue on with the story here)

Hope this helped! If you don’t understand I can explain again x