Do you know how I could improve my English?

Hi!
So, like many of us, English isn’t my first language and I’ve been told a lot that I’m doing a lot of errors with the tenses and I’d like to improve and write in English properly without having to need the help of anybody. I don’t want people to read me and have their eyes burned by my bad bad grammar, yk? :sweat_smile:
Does anyone know how I could improve that part of the language? Because if I fix this, I feel like I’ll be speaking and writing English properly… I’ve tried to use several apps but I don’t feel like I’m improving somehow.

8 Likes

I know English is not an easy language for learners, but I would be happy to help if you need e and answer any questions you may have about the language as English is my first language.

1 Like

That would be really nice of you! Thank you very much, I really appreciate it! :two_hearts:

1 Like

No problem, happy to help :heart:

1 Like

English IS the HARDEST language to learn of all. All of it’s tenses, plurals, words with multiple meanings. It takes MONTHS to learn most languages vocabulary whereas it can take YEARS to fully learn English since it’s got so my things to learn (:

2 Likes

Try language apps then quizzes. And for vocabulary my teacher makes me do something called bedrock. Bedrock is not for punctuation but if you want to learn some new words in the language it might be something for you to check out. Or if you have money there might be an online course or there might be a club of some sort that teaches you to get better. But learning English can’t come easy so pat on the back to you for trying. :upside_down_face:

1 Like
  1. You could use Grammarly (it’s free) for your script.
  2. You could read lots of English books/episode stories or watch lots of movies/series without subtitles.
  3. You could search up all the grammar rules yourself!

And give it some time!

When I was younger my English writing was horrible but when I started doing 2 & 3 I improved a lot! Now, I can point out mistakes myself in someone else’s writing!

I hope this helps! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Facts, but it is a beautiful language in my opinion.

1 Like

Honestly? Just talk english with a friend that is fluent in it, you’ll start to feel used to the language and immediately feel like there’s something wrong if there’s a grammar or spelling issue!!

2 Likes

It really is a hard language to learn! But I really want to get better at it!

1 Like

English is difficult but in some other languages there are so many letters that they can get messed up too. I know Bengali and Hindi apart from English and I personally feel English is easier than both even though my mother tongue is Bengali. There are 2 types of letters for quiet a few pronunciations and it’s really confusing :woozy_face:
But I guess it varies from person to person. (:

4 Likes

Same here :woman_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

I will try all of that, it sounds really interesting! Thank you for the suggestion!

2 Likes

Oh dear, I would love to have a friend that is fluent but I don’t. :joy:

2 Likes

I can tell u now, u cannot learn English in a matter of weeks or anything similar. You have to be fully committed to spending MONTHS onwards learning it. You WILL need an English teacher since no app in the whole world will teach u the whole language (:

You need to be prepared to dedicate yourself to learning the language. Some people say English people are ‘lazy’ because we hardly ever learn more than 1 other language FLUENTLY but that’s not the case. We’re not lazy because our language is the HARDEST to speak/write due to all the plurals, tenses etc… If your willing to spend the time to learn English then go ahead, you’ve got all of us to help you (:

Also @Adrija, I can’t remember where I heard it but somewhere proved English is the hardest. Idk if it’s true or not but apparently it is :woman_shrugging:. I don’t think it is the hardest but I’m quite biased since I am fully English :woman_facepalming: I am learning Spanish, French and Italian at the moment so I’m quite busy leaning languages but @Chocola your more than welcome to talk to me since I’m fluent English (:

5 Likes

Yes, I upload Grammarly this evening and I’m going to check it out. I don’t know how to use it but… I’ll try to figure it out!
I also have like, my phone in English, I read a lot of Episode stories too so that helps me in a certain way. But yeah… Thank you for your answer :two_hearts:

1 Like

I don’t consider myself FLUENT fluent yk? skjsjs :sob: But I’m okay when it comes to English, so if you ever need any help, feel free to PM me! :heartbeat::two_hearts:

2 Likes

I see what you mean, hehe.
Thank you very much, you’re the sweetest! :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Talk to people here on the Forums and your English will improve because you are constantly using English for conversing. My English did actually improve that way. But learning from apps will obviously be more effective and as @/bakedpotato said try the quizzes. They are fun too and help in learning.

5 Likes

I’m totally ready to learn English, even it takes months to learn it, I will!
I love the language and the fact it is the “international language” makes me want to learn more. You can talk to everybody that isn’t from your country. That’s what I like about this language!

But thank you so much, I’ll be sure to PM you if I need some help :heart:

1 Like