Do you know how I could improve my English?

Yeah actually, talking to people in English everyday helps me improving my English so i’ll keep doing that!

1 Like

Your welcome & your not wrong about it being an international language (:

You’ll struggle to find any countries that don’t have at least someone available to translate stuff to the English Language for u (:

1 Like

Can I just say that if you hadn’t specifically said that English wasn’t your first language, I wouldn’t have even noticed, I think you speak very well!

If you want to improve, try Grammarly, or maybe someone on the forums or real life that’s willing to help you. Quizzes and typing games also help, I used to play Mavis Beacon (it’s quite an old game, but it might still be there) when I was little.

You can also watch shows with the subtitles in English, that’s how my mom did it.

1 Like

Hey! I know how difficult it can be learning a different language, but i can help you out if you want, it is my second language, however i pretty much grew up with it <3

1 Like

Oh really? You’re so sweet! Thank you so much! I’m really happy to read that. At least you understand me, lol.

But yea, I think watching shows with the subtitles in English is a good thing to do. I actually watch a lot of them so… That would definitely help me. :two_hearts:

1 Like

You’re really sweet! Thank you so much. I’ll be sure to PM you if I need any help! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I can help you learn good grammar if you’d like :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Ohh yes! I would really like you to help me in any way possible. That would be great! Thank you :heart:
If you got any advice, do not hesitate :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Moved to General Chat since this doesn’t fit into any Creator’s Corner categories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

I think you should pick an English variant first and focus on that. By that I mean UK English or US English (they’re the most renowned), because even though their grammar is fundamentally the same, they actually have a lot of differences between them with regards to spelling, slang and phrases.

I’ve heard the best way to learn things is to find out what works for you, are you a visual learner, an audio learner etc? Then work out what methods best suit your type of learning such as flash cards, repetition, videos or whatever it may be. When it comes to revision, I’ve heard teaching others what you’ve learnt is a good way to lock it into your head.
Personally, I find short bullet points the most effective along with association and repetition.

1 Like

I’d be happy to proofread episodes for you if you want :slight_smile:

1 Like

English is not my native language too. IMO, I think either you can watch more English movies in English subtitles or read more English novels/ Episode stories. It really can improve your English.

1 Like

Yes, you can improve online by Duolingo(because I am also learning korean with duolingo). Or you can download some apps.

1 Like

Hi!
I’m looking for someone Who could fix my english errors As well :sad_panda: , If you won’t mind proofreading my story it would help me a lot, thank you!! :llama:

Duolingo! I used to use it for French and I’m familiar with the basics :joy: Also, your English is very strong, what are you talking about?! :thinking:

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestions! :two_hearts:
I think I talk more US English than UK English but sometimes, I mix up both of them so yea… I should focus on one of them!
I’m a visual learner so watching things may be better for me.

1 Like

That’s really sweet of you! Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Yes, reading and watching TV shows in English really help me actually!

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking about downloading some apps but I never knew which one I should download. I will try that one, thanks! :heart:

You think so? Thank you, Iris. This reassure me a little! :joy:
But I really think I need to improve my English! I never heard of Duolingo but I will definitely try that out, thank you! :heart:

1 Like