Do you like filters in an Episode story?

• Yes
  • No
  • Only in certain scenes
0 voters

So, what are your thoughts on seeing filters in Episode stories? I personally only like to see them in certain scenes and if they’re used in the entire story, then story is too dreary.

But anyway, what are your thoughts on it?

3 Likes

its good if theyre used for going back in the past, but for a whole story i think its unnecessary and i cant really customise my character that well if i dont remember their features correctly regarding skin tone and lip colour (if the customisation also has a filter.)

7 Likes

Yeah, filters would be good for a flashback scene but I personally don’t recommend using them for the entire story.

1 Like

I think they are good, don’t mind them in the whole story unless they are too hard to look at :sweat_smile: sometimes they are too saturated

3 Likes

for me I like it cuz when there no filter in story it makes story dry

1 Like

I really wish we had better filters, my story is in need of a blue-tint-2014-instagram-polaroid type of look

5 Likes

You can play around and try to create it

1 Like

you could add like a big blueish overlay at like opacity 0.3 or smth then mess around with the saturation

Yeah I agree. Sepia for flashbacks, black and white for dream scenes, quick recall flashbacks (the character is remembering something they or someone said or did, just quick back and forth…I’ve seen that in TV, they’re different than a whole flashback), or coding a classic movie on a TV screen. Those would be my favorite uses for those two. That overexposure one works for somethings… but sepia and B&W are what I think works for what I mentioned above.

1 Like

i tried and it looked like sh!t :joy:

thats a good idea, lemme give it a try

Played around with photoshop a little, this is kind of the effect I’m looking for, but it’s impossible to recreate on episode because you can’t control the blending modes on overlays, and there’s no low opacity gaussian blue option either

1 Like

I’ve never tried creating a filter but I didn’t know we couldn’t change blend modes.

1 Like

We could only change blend modes for the filters, not the overlays, sucks huh

I do like filters in an Episode story and I love to use filters in mine! I have a small list of custom filters I’ve made for Deadly Nightshade, I love playing with opacity and saturation from the original filters Episode gives us and creating my own! I often use certain filters for flashbacks and dreams, especially flashbacks that take place during certain points of time.

2 Likes

I’d say filters are okay in certain scenes, but not for the entire story.

2 Likes

Yes, I agree with this.

1 Like

I like it sometimes, but once I was reading a story and most of the story was flashbacks, and it was all filtered like I’m not even joking, so you couldn’t see the characters real colours (not trying to sound racist or anything, just mean their hair colour, eye colour, etc.), the only time you saw their actual hair and skin tones was the 20 seconds when it wasn’t a flashback.

1 Like

i like consistent filters throughout the whole story only if it actually fits with the theme; like for example my story is set in the 50’s and i have a vintage-like filter set constantly (which of course is slightly changed depending on lighting and such), but i can’t deal w oversaturated filters that are hard to look at :sob:

4 Likes