Do you like opera?

The title says it all. Do you like to watch/listen opera? Have you seen any live? What is your favourite?

I saw Aida, Tosca and La traviata in theater. It was amazing experience for me. My favourite was Aida. What about you?

2 Likes

I love the Italian opera singer Andrea Bocelli. He’s my dads favorite too haha. He’s actually performing live very soon which is close to where I live, the tickets are way too expensive though oof

2 Likes

oh i love song he did with ariana grande! it’s called e più ti penso. :’)

2 Likes

Yes, I love that song! I swear an opera singer sung with Ed Sheeran as well for something :thinking:

2 Likes

Ooooo I’ll have to check it out!

1 Like

I freaking love opera. I’ve only seen Otello live, but I also have The Magic Flute on DVD. I have listened to and/or read a bunch more, though.

My favorites are Otello, The Magic Flute, Aida, and Faust (next on my list of DVDs to buy). I also really want to see Carmen, The Tales of Hoffman (OBSESSED with Les oiseaux dans la charmille right now! That high A flat!), La Traviata, Candide (yes,because Kristen Chenoweth’s Glitter and be Gay), and La Boheme.

Diana Damrau is my absolute favorite (her Der Holle Rache is incredible), but I saw Barbara Frittoli as Desdemona and she was wonderful. Anna Netrebko is amazing, too. Made me love O Mio Babino Caro.

Shoutout to Charlotte Church, who introduced me to opera! :sparkling_heart:

(So hype someone mentioned opera here. I never thought I would find fellow opera lover on Episode!)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.