Do you like timed choices?

WEll I will be adding them for example if you need to make a life or death choice (like in thrillers) or inside of a game play (something you could see from the pic I posted) but like I said they won’t be used for clothing/improving relation ships with other characters

That sounds like a good idea.

I like them. :slight_smile: I think it adds something to the story and makes it feel like more of a game instead of a choose your own adventure book. The real you wouldn’t have all the time in the world to decide between ducking or running, you know?

2 Likes

As long as they’re used for sensible reasons (e.g. choosing a way for a character to escape from danger), I have no issues with them.

No I can’t stand them! Just stop with the extraness lol I have add and it’s hard for me to pay attention to every single thing and some authors can be so unreasonable with choices.

No, but not because I dislike the concept. It just really bothers me that, if you do not make a choice within the time given, the last option is the default one. I would love them if they had a random consequence. In a way, then, it would be like the author making a choice for you.

I always make the choice in time, though, so I am speaking as an author here. I would hate to make a choice on the reader’s behalf… and I would hate it even more if that gave them an easy way out of a problem. Some readers are just cowards when they are under pressure :joy:

2 Likes

It reminds me of a game called surviving high school, im in the middle on this choice

What story is that from?

Sometimes I hate it but I like em.

I love them. They add suspense and make the choices more interesting.

1 Like

Pretty interesting sometimes ^^

I’ve seen a couple timed choices that didn’t make as much sense ^^’

But most of the time, they’re alright ^^

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.