Do you plan you're dialogue?

Do you plan your dialogue beforehand or kinda make it as you go?
If yes do you think it makes the writing/directing faster?

5 Likes

I plan the plot first along with the dialogue. I don’t plan exactly what they need to say, but I do plan what needs to be mentioned. I write it much faster if I plan what needs to be mentioned rather than planning exactly what needs to be said

6 Likes

Sometimes I do. I don’t actually plan it but sometimes good lines come into my head and I go from there and then I write that part in my story.

2 Likes

To be honest, I make it up as I go. But sometimes,I end up entirely changing the whole dialogue.

6 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this doesn’t fit into any Creator’s Corner category. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

1 Like

Not really… I sometimes have a couple of lines in mind, and then I build the rest of the dialogue around that.

2 Likes

I plan out the plot and roughly when there will be dialogue and who the dialogue/conversation will be between. For more serious scenes that need more thought, such as narrations, arguments, etc, I try my best to plan those as best as I can. Otherwise, most of the dialogue just comes to me as I write. But it’s always best to plan things as much as you can in my opinion.

2 Likes

I use too, I wouldn’t plan the dialogue completely but I would give some basic context as notes for each episode. And yes it did help me a lot.

2 Likes

Depends- for one of my stories for example I have the next 4 episodes planned out, but I have yet to code it onto the writing portal. Meanwhile my new story which I’m currently writing, I have the plot set up, but the dialogue is written in the moment. Sometimes I already have an idea for an episode, but it’s too early in the plot to have it done, so I save it for later or scrap it sometimes…

2 Likes

Honestly, i write down the characters bc it helps my creative juices flow. But I focus on the plot because it “builds” the story. But instead of just jumping into the story I like to ease my way into it.

1 Like

Dm me I’ll see if I can help. If needed. :heart:

I plan a few lines of dialogue beforehand, but I mainly write dialogue as I go.

1 Like