Do you prefer 1 or 2 love interests?

I’m writing a story and I doubt whether I have 1 or 2 love interests. What do you prefer?

6 Likes

i personally prefer one, but i’m open to reading a story with two! :pleading_face:

4 Likes

thank you! <3

1 Like

honestly either ! but if theres just 1 li i like to get to know them very well , and if theres 2 lis i like them to have diverse character arcs and different traits ! as long as the stories are written well i have no preference

5 Likes

Okay, thank you! <3

1 Like

I like one but two is fine as long as both LI has equal screen time and their personalities aren’t just good boy and bad boy

2 Likes

same here! :>
i prefer one but two is completely fine too and one of my fav stories had two love interests :blob_hearts:

2 Likes

I don’t mind reading a story with either 1 or 2 LIs, but I honestly prefer only 1 LI. I love when the story only focuses on one LI. :blush:

2 Likes

My personal preference is one. I like it to be a strong connection between the MC and the person that is meant to be their love interest. I always feel like two is unnatural when I read them, mainly as I’m loyal to one, and so the other gets in the way :rofl: Or, they both have strong pros, and it feels like the MC is being swept up by both then just makes a decision based off of need rather than love.
I will still read them, as they are good when written well, but they are less appealing in general, to me.

Note: The big exception, is if one is male and one is female. As that is an entirely different path most of the time.

4 Likes

I don’t mind either, but I saw a reddit thread about my own story where someone said they quit reading 10 chapters in because they couldn’t pick :sweat_smile:
And I know a lot of the time readers feel like one of the love interests is getting “forced” on them since they’ve already made their choice. So those are things to think about.
Depends on the story and genre too. I think romance is probably better with just one (in general) so you can focus on the connection?

1 Like

One because when the time comes to choose between them, I die a little inside :pensive: but it’s not like I won’t read a story with two <3

3 Likes

I personally like one, because sometimes I hate one of them, (usually the second one) and then i’m forced to be nice and spent time with them.

2 Likes

I prefer having one because

• I feel like when there’s only one, you get to develop them more since they get all the screen time
  • I usually can’t decide between the two and it’s stressful :see_no_evil:
3 Likes

I prefer one, but two is ok!! I just don’t like the ones with 5+ thats too much IMO :sweat_smile::sweat_smile: good luck with your story!! :heart::heart:

1 Like

thank you! <3

1 Like

Either. If choices matter and there are two love interests, I always get confused on who to choose. Some people love to have choice between two. If the choices do not matter and I am simply reading the writer’s perspective, then either is okay.

2 Likes