Do you prefer a story w/ Customization?

Do you prefer reading a story with lots of customization or nah? Or dc? :tipping_hand_woman:t2:

8 Likes

I don’t like customization, I like to just keep the characters as they are, but that’s me,

3 Likes

I love seeing the author’s interpretations of their characters so even when given the chance to customise I never take it! :boom:

3 Likes

It really doesn’t matter to me once it’s good. I think with CC and without CC have their pros and cons

3 Likes

Depends. Sometimes I like to customise the characters and sometimes not. I guess it depends on my mood and story :smiley:

2 Likes

i like to customize the MC but its not needed and i dont mind if its not there. same for the LI but i like to leave the LI as they are usually. but sometimes i will enjoy customizing the group of characters if thats an option and im feeling creative.

3 Likes

it doesn’t matter to me, but I would very much prefer a story without customization.
I think stories with no customization highly values the original features from the main character.

1 Like

As long as the Author took time and put forth the effort in making g there character then I don’t want CC because I love seeing how the author see the character.

1 Like

For me it depends. I like seeing how the author envisioned their characters, but if it’s a story based on the reader’s POV then I do like to customise.

1 Like

I don’t like customisation, I get a better experience with no CC and I’d rather play as the MC rather than myself.

2 Likes

I prefer CC in stories becuz its fun to customize (like Dragon Age) and go on an adventure but writing wise, it’s more fun with non-CC characters and imo, easier to write when you have every character already imagined a certain way.

4 Likes

Depends on how the characters look tbh, but I rarely care about CC, if it’s there I use it but if it’s not I don’t mind. But I won’t allow cc in any of my own stories hah, it’s more fun to write like that I think.

2 Likes

I do like customization, but only if the MC is supposed to be me or my own character. If they are a well-written character with a good backstory, interesting personality and motivations then I really don’t mind at all.

2 Likes

I don’t mind if the story has customization or not, as long as it’s good. :smiley:

1 Like

I prefer a story without it

1 Like

Sometimes, you can tell the author has really put a lot of heart into the way they’ve designed their characters and I like to keep it that way. :blush:

Other times, it’s just as obvious that the author just slapped together the most generic features possible or just presented the reader with a stock character :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

It depends, but I usually don’t mind. I think that there are certain plots in which the reader is meant to self-insert themselves, while in others it’s better to play with a certain established character.

nah I don´t really like CC I mean most of the time I create a character that looks like me but then I get clothing options I wouldn´t dare to walk around with so at the end I´m not playing as myself and then I really don´t see the point of CC. for example clothing that are just way to short for me or show way to much

Yes! I don’t mind if you can’t customize other characters but I like customizing myself or the character I’m playing

I like to customize my character and my love interest. Or at kwast get the option to do it. Also, when you need a name I think customization is important