Do you prefer playing with your name?

Let me explain; In one story, do you use your name (or one that you like) or play with the original name of the character??
And does it bother you when you don’t have the option the change it?

5 Likes

If you can fully customize the character, then it would make sense to me to change the name too. But if you can’t change the name, it doesn’t bother me :blush:

Does it bother you not having CC? :heartpulse:

1 Like

I like CC and a year ago, I thought that CC was very important. Now it doesn’t really bother me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for letting me know!

1 Like

When I first downloaed episode, I was playing with some other names. Now if there’s an option to change name, I’d type my name in English (cause it sounds more realistic than my original name :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know!

1 Like

I don’t use my own name, I usually type some random name for the mc. I like it when authors include a name suggestion or just have a set name for the character, playing as myself is weird

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know!

1 Like

well if it is offered I do put my name, but being honest I prefer to not to have it. I bet the younger reader is the more he wants to name the MC, while I am pretty old potato so I prefer to have just some character but not be there - especially if the MC behaves differently than is my personality it would actually feel a little bit awkward, while I have no problem to accept that the MC act differently than me (when she is not me)

2 Likes

Thanks! I didn’t thought it like that, you’re right! :heart:

no. I dont like to pick the name

1 Like

Thanks for your response!!

1 Like

I dont like my name so when theres an option I choose my favorite name.
It doesnt bother me if I cant choose though

1 Like

Thanks for your answer!

I don’t use my name. I usually make one up. I appreciate CC because I like the option to change features I don’t like. But I do think the ability to change the name impacts how I see the character and choices. If there is a pre-set name, I think of it as a pre-defined character. If I’m told to come up with my own name, I always feel a bit weird later when the character makes major decisions contrary to my choices (i.e. If I reject a LI, and the character I’ve named pursues them anyway).

For me, if I name a character but only get limited CC or no CC at all, I find it a bit odd. (It’s OK if there is a story reason for limited CC, like “your character uses ice magic and everyone with ice magic has blue hair.” But if the reason is “your skin has to be neutral 2 for overlays” but you can name the character, I find that pointless and would rather the author pre-set a canon name to go with the canon appearance.)

For whatever reason, the reverse (character is already named but there is still CC) doesn’t seem weird to me. I just accept that I’m reading as that pre-named character.

I’ve seen a lot of fan mails complain about lack of CC. People are generally less frustrated about not naming the MC, in my experience.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer!

1 Like

I tend not to use my own name and just make one up. I don’t mind using the original name either. I am also ok with not being able to change the name.

1 Like

I don’t really care. I like both. But I don’t like choosing name for LI’s aha :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts:

1 Like

If the character’s beliefs, actions, and personality don’t reflect mine then I would prefer not to change it.

1 Like