Do you think that

Forums got kinda more boring after we were forbidden to discuss politics/religion etc?

• Yes, it did
  • I don’t agree

0 voters

6 Likes

Yup. I hardly ever look in the general chat section anymore, and whenever I do most of the topics aren’t as interesting as they were before.

5 Likes

It kinda became forum wedding and appreciation section xD

8 Likes

Definitely, or people creating pms.

2 Likes

I go on the fourms to help other authors, yes I don’t have a published story as of yet but I have experience that I use to help other authors achieve their goals

1 Like

Well, sure. I mean a lot of people help others around here.

But people like me also enjoy a serious topic’s discussion. And now we don’t have it.

3 Likes

I try not to get into serious topics because it ends in arguments 70% of the time

well, it’s a matter of choice. You don’t want to get into arguments, you don’t comment. Don’t see any reasons why others should be robbed of this opportunity.

1 Like

I think it’s nice to help other authors, and I should probably do it more. I’ve been here a long time but I’m by no means the best so I usually wait until people more qualified help.

Same.

2 Likes

I try to help especially when it’s new authors, serious topics though, don’t comment much anymore

1 Like

I kinda do agree. I love talking and learning about different religons and I don’t really follow politics so I like reading other people’s explanation on them and see other peoples views on them. I agree that it may turn into arguments but nearly everything on the forums do. It’s boring limiting what you can and cannot talk about

7 Likes

Ah. Dumbing down the general level of discussion in order to minimize drama? Screw you, I love drama!

2 Likes

People think replying to a comment is arguing. Or like, having a different opinion is arguing.

Example:

Person: “I like cupcakes better than cake.”
Person 2: “I actually think cupcakes are gross-”

OMG THEY DISAGREED OML AN ARGUMENT IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN QUICK QUICK CLOSE THE THREAD FLAG EVERYTHING

this isn’t directed to anyone in particular :no_mouth:

13 Likes

I second that.

1 Like

People are just gonna argue about it and troll

1 Like

To me it is the same logic as “People die in car accidents, so let’s forbid cars”.

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree with this more.

5 Likes

This.

5 Likes

Thats illogical.

All im saying is ppl will argue and troll im not saying dont talk about it. Just know what your getting into by discussing that topic. People freak out on here about other things so bringing up religion/politics for no reason(e discussing religion because new things were added to episodes and ppl want to know how to use them is the exception) is just asking to be attacked and a thread to be closed.
Discuss it somewhere else or in a pm if u cant do it respectably which most ppl cant or wont

But thts all im gonna say not in the mood to argue it

5 Likes

Well, true I guess.

But that’s another reason why people should be allowed to speak about these topics. So they don’t have to express this accumulated energy in other unrelated threads.

1 Like