Do you think there should be an option to turn off art scenes?

I never liked art scenes in the first place. They take up a lot of time and make me want to click off the story because my black LI and black MC look nothing like them :sob:

One of the reasons why I try to find more black authors with the genre I like (they include black characters frequently.) Some of my favorites are Elle Badu, Toriah, and Andrea Elle.

A lot of authors don’t really include black characters, as if it’s difficult to use natural hair and a darker skin tone. :roll_eyes:

But I went off topic lol.

YES.

2 Likes

Makes you wonder why they are so popular or are other black ppl just not as bothered by it like us/me >_< or are we a minority here too

2 Likes

Hi, I am mostly a writer on this app I have to say that this has given me a lot of perspective. I generally try my best to make my characters as diverse as i can. I even try to match overlays with the MC’s by giving my readers the option to select a “light, medium or dark color pallet” so that I can match overlays as closely as possible with the skin color that the reader has customized their MC’s in.

I did not, however, think about this before. I generally do wish that I could have art scenes that could match skin tone, but having 3 seperate artwork can become very costly. I dont generally have many art senes is any particular story of mine, but I do have un upcoming project that will feature very many art scenes.

I still plan to make the story with Customisation and also have overlays to match skin tones. In the case of the art scenes, I will definitely add the option to skip over the art scenes.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I hope that my next project will be more enjoable for more people with this information.

2 Likes

I feel like people that make art scenes should either…

1. Add a skip option for art scenes.
  2. Have an option where you can click what race your character is so that the art scene would at least be a little bit like your character. I know that there are different character looks that you can make so I know that the author can’t make an art scene that looks exactly like the character you make but it would be nice if they made an art scene for every race. I know that would be a lot of work but it would be worth the time.

I completely relate :sob: i have so many reasons as to why i hate art scenes in general. This is def one of them, esp if the author doesnt disclose there will be art scenes later on. I try not to be too much of a hater because people spend a lot of money and time on these art scenes, and it can suck having people be unappreciative of them. But thats why i try to leave out any defining descriptors of my characters when im writing my story.

2 Likes

Although that would be nice, let’s be real, that would cost so much money and only for the reader to see the art for less than a minute isn’t worth it at all!! if you’d like to do that, that’s awesome, but I think if you know the story will have art scenes+ limited CC then you should either not read or like I will do is add an option to skip.

2 Likes

True. The 1st thing I said is the more realistic one in the sense that nobody is gonna do the 2nd thing I said because it would take a lot of time to do. I just always like coming up with more ideas even if it’s not gonna be used. I personally would do the 1st thing I said because the 2nd one would take too much time and I’m not very patient.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.