Do you think this is offensive?

I was thinking since my MC is Syrian, that at some point she would get sent back to Syria – I’m just wondering if this is too controversial for me to include?

1 Like

Not for me.

But is this too controversial?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

( Poll won’t show who voted. Tell @gisellec why, though!! )

3 Likes

Thank you so much!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

i really dont care if people know what i voted for…but i voted NO i think so but for those that may vote yes that it depends on the reason they get sent back

2 Likes

As long as you do your research then you should be fine.

6 Likes

The reason is due to the fact she’s muslim and not an official resident (she snuck into the country but was not aware of the fact since she was too young to remember) :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Perfect! Most of my family live in Syria so I actually get to ask them how being deported truly is since they’re friends with people who have gone through it :sweat_smile::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Well that sounds like a great story then! Good luck! :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Thank you so much!! :heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

no I don’t think so. Also you shouldn’t be afraid to show realities just because some people may find the controversial.

2 Likes

Okay good!! I know but sometimes it sucks getting hate comments for things like this :sweat_smile::revolving_hearts: I’ve never personally dealt with hate comments, but I really don’t want to start now :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

It’s always going to be super controversial, but if you portray it well enough I’m sure it really shouldn’t offend anyone if they aren’t ignorant on the subject!

1 Like

I’ll try to not offend anyone for sure :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m Syrian so I’d hate to offend people who know how this feels, I’ll make it real but I’ll also leave out very sensitive topics!

1 Like

don’t make it too real and glad to see that your ok

1 Like

Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::revolving_hearts:

1 Like

Your welcome :hugs:

1 Like

Um I dont see anything controversial though…

1 Like

Be careful. At the moment, no one in the US is being deported back to Syria, legally speaking. America has closed it’s borders to Syria, but the people who already have a refugee status cannot be deported back to a war-torn country. That would be madness!

And if she’s been in the US so long that she doesn’t remember Syria or understand what was going on when she arrived, that means she’s been here since the Obama administration. There’s no reason why her parents wouldn’t have claimed refugee status, which Trump did not challenge when he came into power.

1 Like

The truth is that there’s no reason why a Syrian refugee would not claim refugee status, especially before 2016. It’s kinda hard to sneak into a country you have to take a boat to, and there’s no reason to sneak to the US and not become a refugee when so many European countries have opened their borders to Syrian refugees. I guarantee you that most people aren’t going to risk being sent back to Syria, where they can get in a lot of trouble for leaving.

They’d go to an open European country if the risks were that high. And it would be an international scandal if America started sending poor, innocent people back to war.

And trump hasn’t contested the state of refugees who came in before his “Muslim Ban”.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.