Do you think we could represent more african cultures?

Or even tag them in this?

5 Likes

More attempts but it’s just not the same as the traditional stuff

3 Likes

And there are clothing suggestions open already.

2 Likes

many people have asked episode to add more clothing from different african cultures. did they listen? …

i think peeps have given up

3 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree with this. More representation is needed. Maybe if the community came together (most especially the African) and asked for particular things, it’ll be easier for Episode. They’re 54 countries in Africa and they all deserve representation. I think Ankara clothing would be a good place to start. Some Ankara wears were displayed in the story Instant Princess. What do you think?

6 Likes

I’m totally agree and I TOTALLY support that! We don’t have enough representations of African Community :heart::heart::black_heart::black_heart:

4 Likes

My mother was born in South Africa and I know some of the culture as I moved there for 3 weeks in April last year and some of my family live there I only witnessed a tiny part of it but honestly, I loved it (except at the airport there were men carrying big guns) When I was there everyone wears big vibrant colours and there was lots of parties (I went to a festival for the people in Scotland)and I went to durban for a week and that didnt reprisent africas culture well but on the way I saw lots and lots of animals and the roads are so wide unlike in the uk there narrow and horrid but where I lived there was lots of bad smell problems as the bin people come one every 2 weeks and you need lots of security because everyone in south africa carries guns and my grandfather has to, to keep him and his wife safe as they were robbed a few times and people came to the house with guns thats why they have lots of security and stuff and I know you probably didnt want me to make a big paragraph on my expiriance but you can just skip it I would love to see more African cultured things on episode but it is not represented as well as others and I know you did not ask for anything about the culture or living there but there is some info as you probably already know lots.

3 Likes

Good

2 Likes

:sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

3 Likes

I may be African American, but I think Africans should be represented more when it comes to clothing, culture and ways of life. This is a must! There are so many African people in this community that need to be heard and represented the correct way! Also, African clothing is very beautiful and colorful; not to mention a statement piece of who they are. There needs to be more clothing and accessories that represents them.

5 Likes

I’d be glad to make a story and join your cause for more representation of African Culture. Being a part of the black community and having many african friends i think that people need to see different people in different lights. There may be areas of Africa that are poor and people get sick easily but that’s the only side that is ever shown. No one ever shows the love and fun that these people have in their communities and just like us their life can be as normal as it can be (with a few setbacks a long the way). As someone subject to racist comments I think people need to become more aware of who we are. Many people believed that once Mandela marched, once Martin Luther King marched racism would cease to exist but that isn’t the case. It would be nice if Episode could feature some stories featuring stories about African Culture or just Black Culture in general to teach people about it through a story line. If you need anything just private message me and i’d be glad to contribute.
@Episode Let’s do something about this :two_hearts::two_hearts:

Marie Trelawny

4 Likes

Thank you for writing this!

5 Likes

Not South African but West African so as a Nigerian I say SUPPORRTTT!!

6 Likes

Yes! Exactly! You see, I’m portugese and german, but I was born in South Africa and I’ve been here my whole life. The different cultures we have here are part of my life and who I am as a person. I had to also dona lot of study on the cultures in school. And I have to say that there is very little on episode that does these cultures justice :pleading_face:

4 Likes

I would really love to see more African clothes and assets on Episode! I’m Nigerian!

6 Likes

This is spectacular! I cant believe how much support I’m seeing in this thread. I personally believe that, since episode has quite a few black history featured shelves, it would be appropriate to bring in more african culture. Perhaps more clothes (modern and traditional) and even cultural music and sounds. If they would feature a story with big themes regarding a culture within africa, or even set in an african country, it would be so amazing. I’ve written most of my stories either based in South Africa or featuring South Africa as an originating country

4 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

My queer entry takes place in Nigeria, though I’ve never been to any African country I tried my best to perceive Africa as more than just villages and deserts so I included lots of jungle and tropical sceneries! I’d love more traditional outfits (Especially for men) with fun colors and patterns!

5 Likes