Do you watch anime dubbed or subbed? Or both?

Ok so, my cousin and I love to watch anime. She mostly watches anime in sub, but sometimes she’ll watch it in dubbed. I used to only watch dubbed animes, but now I watch subbed and dubbed.

So, do you guys watch anime dubbed, subbed, or both?

2 Likes

Subbed, I can’t stand watching it dubbed anymore.
I like in general to watch everything in it’s original language.

2 Likes

I watch dub.

1 Like

Usually dubbed. I just got finished watching one on Netflix that left me with some tears :cry:

1 Like

I prefer subbed, but some Animes don’t have that option, so I watch it in dubbed.

1 Like

I am pretty sure all animes have sub, its dub there is hard to find

2 Likes

Not on what I watch them on

Subbed most of them, I can’t stand the English versions of. For example. Kurama aka nine tails. Can’t stand that English voice, just sounds so horrible to me.

2 Likes

Both. On toonami (t.v) its dubbed but they don’t show all the episodes so I watch them online subbed. I don’t mind either one as long as the story is good. I grew up on both so the same english actors don’t get to me as they’ve been doing it for so long. I’m like oh that’s Jane.

1 Like

Subbed definitely, most times dubbed sounds terrible and lacks the emotion that the original Japanese voice actor has

Mini rant

I feel like they chose the original voice actor for a reason as they knew that it’d fit the character the most and when it comes to dubbed they usually only make it to appease their western audience so they pick whatever voices sound fairly close to the character but with the way it’s animated and the fact that a lot of Japanese words don’t translate directly into english I’m always left feeling like I’m not getting the full experience

2 Likes

Dubbed, because I can’t understand it’s original language. Plus I’m not that dedicated to anime, to learn a new language.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.