Does a story need CC?

Does a story need CC?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

3 Likes

For me, a story doesn’t need CC. It depends on the person I guess…

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say it NEEDS CC, but for me personally I don’t read stories without it. It changes from person to person. Some people are fine without it, some aren’t. It’s up to you if you want to add it or not and what your story requires.

6 Likes

Imo, whether or not a story has CC does not indicate how good it is and therefore people should give all stories a chance. I personally don’t care and I prefer to read stories not as myself. I’ll still read them with CC I really don’t care either way.

But if you want to get anywhere with your story, CC is probably a good idea. Idk honestly.

3 Likes

A story will never need CC, but it is a recommendation if the author is willing to make that an option and have the story appeal to more readers.

6 Likes

In my opinion it does not need CC in it!! One of my stories “Heartbreaker To Lovers” (LGBTQ) has CC in it but as for season 2 (Final season) “The Vampires Next Door” will not have any CC for anyone so I can stand a story with no CC especially if an author has a character for certain overlays or even art scenes I can totally understand :wink:

2 Likes

I personally never use it. I prefer to keep the characters the way the author originally made them.

However, I will say that I used to to exit out of stories if they ended up not having CC. My opinion seemed to change after I got really into writing and realized that I wouldn’t like people using CC with my own characters. So I guess it just depends :blush:

3 Likes

It really depends for me. I chose “No” in the poll because I usually don’t use CC when I’m reading stories.

I always include CC, be it full or limited, in my stories, because I want the reader to feel more interactive with the story, especially if I know I’m not including lots of choices.
Some people also don’t like CC if the author uses custom poses, limb overlays, art scenes, etc. because sometimes the skin tone doesn’t match.
Another thing is people trying to include POC characters or make the MC or LI a POC. Having no CC doesn’t allow that.

In the end, it’s up to you. This is one of the most widely debated topics among authors and readers, so most authors just wind up going with their gut.

3 Likes

For me, I wouldn’t say a story NEEDS a cc, if the author wants to allow the reader to customize the characters then it’s her/his decision. I never judge a story if it has no cc as I don’t think cc really matters to me, AGAIN many people will have different opinions so it really depends on an individual person. Also, many authors do give cc but warn their readers to not customize due to art scenes included in the story but the reader is still able to customize the characters if they want.

3 Likes

If the story has art scenes then I don’t CC but if they don’t have art scenes then I make the characters as I like

1 Like