Does any one else gets discouraged when this happens? (If possible, can you help me too?)

I want to write my Episode story, but I can’t find a good background or backgrounds to use. It’s making me feel discouraged and not want to write. Yes, I’ve tried Pixabay, but couldn’t find anything that satisfied me. Any tips or help?

Don’t be shy, reply guys.

8 Likes

Yes, I wanted to give up a number of times when I couldn’t find a good backgrounds as well. But I usually don’t ask for help because I don’t want to bother people too much on here.

3 Likes

Have you tried pexels? They have some amazing backgrounds! I’m not sure if there’s any other websites with free to use backgrounds. You could always search up the background you want and ask the owner for permission? Sorry if I wasn’t helpful( ^ ^;; )

2 Likes

People ask for help on the forums all the time! I’m sure many people would love to help you.

3 Likes

You could always try background drives or website such as sophookles & episodelife.com
I know it’s not much help, but :pleading_face:

2 Likes

A little bit but I keep looking or change up the style:
What I’ve seen/ used/ am going to use:
@eloise.stories (Rules in drive)
K.episode (That’s their instagram)
This is from the original background sharing thead
@miya.episode (it’s a Instagram)
@K.episode (Second drive)
@KylieJay (Rules in drive)
Lana’s fantasy drive (Rules in folder)
@episode.justine (instagram)
Along with Pexels
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1EMAPKMIg7moyTA1Fr993VrWugB1rnOqr
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Cj60XA7hHWERZCxZqbvDnjeSiTUByV8O
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1C7UDvsZEdI-lYk8Fz2RARjljgpdFdWLs

That’s All :grinning:

7 Likes

Yes I’m mostly discouraged to write certain genre themed stories even though I would really like to because of lack of overlays and backgrounds and generally I want all my resources to have the same aesthetic, yknow? Like a cartoonish Episode background over a realistic background. It really discouraged me so my only hope is to wish for them on the wish list thread.

1 Like

I feel the same on that like I’m writing fantasy and though the dragon doesn’t come until later can’t find any good ones. It discouraged me but also motivated me to learn some art so maybe I can make them. (Though my mom said my first one looks like an evil seahorse with rectangular bat wings.)

3 Likes
1 Like

I’ve seen this before.

I recommend amepisode, catthegirl, episode.luxe and epi.rebellion’s backgrounds, they’re free and available on Google Drive! If you’d be willing to spend some money, the two first names I mentioned have patreons with amazing content too which I subscribe for my own story.

3 Likes

Yeah not finding the right background demotivates me. That’s why I always request it somewhere or try to edit backgrounds myself as I am still learning to draw them. House set is what’s important to me while writing a story because mismatching backgrounds make me cringe!!

3 Likes

Oh, a little tip for making your own backgrounds! I bought a subscription to Freepik and started making my own with their base vectors and overlays and they look really good since their stuff is very professional, so if you’re a bit familiar with Illustrator and Photoshop I recommend that too.

2 Likes

Omg this happened to me countless times. I have too many story I had to scrap because there was hardly any backgrounds for it

2 Likes

Yes!! Has hapened to me when I couldn’t find a specific background. But there are many amazing background creators like @CinnamonToast , their backgrounds are simply amazing!!

1 Like

Thank you!!

Moved to Art Resources since this is about backgrounds. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.