Does any one know what this Error is?

Does anyone know what this means???

Could you show your script where you coded your overlay into the scene?

1 Like

If you can’t see it well I’ll take another photo!

OK, so I see you added the overlay to the background name (the "please create overlay in stage view first” error usually means you’re trying to code an overlay which you haven’t added the background name or used the create command with). Make sure everything is spelled right. To avoid overlay naming errors, it’s best to copy the name of the overlay and put it in your script. Do you have the overlay SELFIE FEMALE 4 anywhere else in your script under this scene (so under the background EXT. AFRICAN VILLAGE - DAY or just this part that you showed me?) (You also don’t need the long numbers in front, it’s not necessary). If you’re planning on using the overlay SELFIE FEMALE 4 more than once in your scene under just this background, at different times, you need to remove it and then re-create it.

A preferred way to write it:

INT. BACKGROUND with OVERLAY to 1.849 -3 -4 in zone 1 at layer 0

Also, *readerMessage Tap when you’re done reading!

The : A preferred way to write it,

INT. BACKGROUND with OVERLAY to 1.849 -3 -4 in zone 1 at layer 0
That one it worked! I get what you were saying but it’s still a little confusing, so I wanted to ask if this was some where in the getting started section or the tutorial stories, so I could read it and get a better understanding?!

1 Like

Thank you so much!! I just need one more thing! Do you have an Instagram so I could give you credit😭 because I’ve been stuck on this all day and you made it so easy

No credit needed :+1:

1 Like

Thank you so much for you help again!!! :heartpulse:

1 Like

Moved to Directing Helps and Tips since this is a coding issue and not a bug. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.