Does anyone else condense their script like this?

I’ve noticed that whenever I write scripts that make me have to scroll a lot, I add brackets for each scene to make the script shorter. Does anyone else do this? My computer screen is also very small, which could be another reason why I do this. It just makes everything feel much neater.

57%20AM

8 Likes

That’s really cool, I should try this. I usually put space after each line.

3 Likes

I usually only put a space between scenes. Like:

BACKGROUND
blah blah
blah blah

BACKGROUND
blah blah

Though everytime you leave the portal and enter again, you have to close all the brackets for some reason. But it’s satisfying watching the script get smaller :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I bet it is. This could be very useful for me.

1 Like

I use to, but (if I recall) it expands after you leave and return I stopped using it.

yep. More space!

2 Likes

I usually do something like this:
NARRATOR
So my life is messed up.

@personthatsthemc stands screen center

I do it. Every time there is a change of background, I add a bracket and add a note that says: “Scene…”. It looks clean and organized for me.

2 Likes

I break it down scene by scene, and if the scene is really long I break it into sections, using the # sign.

7 Likes

How can you make like that ?

I actually do this:

INT. BACKGROUND - DAY

NARRATOR
Blah blah.

CHAR
 Blah.

CHAR2
 Blah.

@transition fade out black 2

INT. BACKGROUND - NIGHT

etc.

I don’t know, it makes me feel more organized. Does anyone else write like me?

I do it, especially when I have multiple love interests, the branching will get confusing if I let them loose lol

I do the same!!!

don’t free them

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.