Does anyone else feel disturbed by some of the ads?

Random, I know.

There are some ads that really set me off. Oddly disturbing to me or cause anxiety.

The one in particular right now is that dumb wash the sheep game.

Screenshot

20201005_102052

Basically trigger warning? there is some sheep stuck in a weird maze and you’re supposed to get the water to wash it and prevent sewage from getting in his tank? But of course they spill sewage all over a crying sheep in the game ad.

Am I weird or does anyone else get disturbed and agitated from watching these things?

11 Likes

No you’re not the only one! I got an ad today of a game… where in the demo a black guy slaps a white girl and she falls and then the crown around them are cheering (the girl slapped him first but it didnt make any difference to the guy) and then it says you won the game! Like… I was really disturbed by it for the next few minutes but I didnt take a screenshot so I couldn’t do anything about it… There are also other weird ads which I dont like :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

What the :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Ikr!! I had to take a break before reading the episode!

3 Likes

BRUUUHH :running_woman:t4::running_woman:t4::running_woman:t4::running_woman:t4::running_woman:t4::running_woman:t4:
AYO PLS EPISODE do something about it like really look at our age and interests :sob::sob:

5 Likes

I dont like the ads at all, really annoying.

5 Likes

Same. For me it’s the one where the goldfish is swimming and the ad makes the lava fall/run towards the fish. :persevere:

6 Likes

I feel you. Everytime an add pops out, I will waste 10-30 seconds from my life for nothing.

4 Likes

Uhg YES or the dude in a boat gets burned by it AHHHHHH

3 Likes

No it disturbs me too. And then there’s those ads about “earning free cash” by playing games. THEY’RE A SCAM!

5 Likes

Most of the ads disturb me. Sure, I’m fine with the fashion and Kardashian ads; but the other ones. For example, earning “free cash” games, fixing broken homes, and let’s not mention the sewer ones…

Oh, let’s not forget about the "cheater’ ads too.

5 Likes

Mine are the nasty feet clinic ads :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

4 Likes

yeha i’ve gotten quite a few ads w weird sexual undertones ! as someone with mental illness who is often triggered by things like this i feel like episode should regulate their ads a little better lol

7 Likes

I just wonder if the people making these ads realize how unappealing and cringey they are :joy:
Feeling disturbed and uncomfortable does not make me want to download their games! That’s for sure.

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t think these types of ads should be shown on site(s). Especially ones that are scams, and are shown on kids/teens sites. Some people may think it’s true.

3 Likes

y’all the game kick the buddy is just weird with all the taunting and ways to kill him-

but episode seems to be fine with it; the amount of times i see that ad annoys and concerns me :new_moon_with_face:

3 Likes

Oooo there’s this one ad that REALLY gets to me. It’s for this game called “Dress up! Time princess”. Basically there’s this girl in it who is beautiful (for a cartoon character lol) and the guy calls her an ugly duckling or some shit. Then she goes and gets a makeover?!?!?! Then he likes her and there’s an option to go on a date with him! Excuse me?!?? What kind of image does this set for young children? I thought we moved passed this attitude of changing ourselves to please other people but I guess not.

4 Likes

God, that ad pops on my phone on Episode almost ALL THE TIME. Why do mobile app ads always have to show the player playing stupidly?

3 Likes

And another thing that annoys me is when the caption of that mobile game says, “Harder than you think!” or “Literally impossible!:sob:” or even, “Only 5% can beat this level”

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

I KNOW, RIGHT!? The incompetent fake player makes me rage :triumph:

Save the dang sheep before I toss my phone out the window!

2 Likes