Does anyone else feel like this?

I’m 16 and I feel acedemically burnt out. I have no motivation to do things I generally care for. I don’t like hanging out with friends anymore. My grades this term were the worst I’ve ever gotten because I stopped caring. I’ve been extremely depressed and I cry all the time. I don’t go to school half of the time because I can’t deal with everyone and I have social anxiety which makes me panic in crowds which sucks because it’s high school and people are everywhere. I know I’m lucky to go to a good school but I can’t deal with it anymore. So I guess the point is, has anyone ever felt like this??

7 Likes

i feel like this right now. it’s gotten really bad these past few months. school has made me more stressed than usual and just… i don’t know. i’m sorry you feel this way. it sucks <3

1 Like

I’m sorry you feel this way too. School is the worse :confused:

This is how I feel right now. For me it started about 11 years ago…
Talk to someone and don’t try to be strong and make it on your own. If everything is too much then you need to let it go and feel free to not do anything. It has taken me far too long to realize that I don’t have to be strong all of the time. I’m still trying to figure it out but I’m on the right path finally. Just don’t force yourself to be strong when you don’t have the energy to be. It will be all right.

1 Like

Thanks, I hope it gets better for you. :blush:

1 Like

I feel the same and it sucks… I have no idea if I’ve ever been so exhausted. School is so draining, and I also dance 6 to 8 hours a week and go to the gym… I have a complete lack of motivation and jjjjksjksssjkjskjlsjk I just want to stay home and eat chips…

1 Like

Me too :potato:

Are you talking to your doctor?

1 Like

I can say that I never felt this way. But remember that whatever doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, next time you feel this way try the Freud’s psychoanalytic method: The exact time that you think of something bad of yourself, turn it to something positive (eg. you think: oooowww I suck at maths, I will write F again! that time just think: meeeeh I am good at art, not everyone has such a talent as I do!) This thing is called: defense mechanism, it works, so you may need to try it :wink: I suggest to start do an activity that you like afterschool, I think that will help you a lot, it will calm you down and make you more sociable, also try to talk to someone (not from the internet) you don’t have to know him, he can be a priest, that will relax you a lot!

1 Like

No

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.