Does Anyone Else Not See Gem Choices?

All of the choices in every user story I read are free, even when the author has specifically said that they’re going to cost gems. At first glance, that seems like a great thing. I mean, it means I get gem choices for free! But I’m not sure if it counts as a gem choice selected in that case, and there are some authors who I’d really love to supprt.

Does anyone else have this problem?

7 Likes

I don’t have to pay for gem choices in user stories either :thinking:

11 Likes

Ok so it’s not just me. That’s so weird! I’m not sure if I should submit a ticket and have to pay but help out authors, or get free choices :joy:

1 Like

I think technically they are still in “beta” mode, so not everyone sees them. I know quite a lot of authors who don’t see them either. I am sure at some point they will be rolled out for everyone!

2 Likes

That’s so weird because they’re in the guide! Episode :roll_eyes:

1 Like

So are tappable overlays now, and they still don’t work for some people!

2 Likes

That’s ridiculous! You think they’d put it in the writing guide when everyone can use and see it :woman_facepalming:t4: Episode’s practices don’t make sense sometimes. Or most of the time

1 Like

I think when they released them so many months ago, they mentioned 20% of people won’t actually see the gem choices :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Poor @SenchaStories just released her story and I tried to read but it wouldn’t take my gem choices :joy::woman_facepalming:t4:

3 Likes

I don’t think I see them either! It lets me just up character points in The Infected with no repercussions

2 Likes

They’re slowly rolling them out to all users, probably to make sure there are no issues first. I don’t have them yet either.

3 Likes

It’s weird! I seem to be getting gem chapters read even for people who can’t see the gem choices, but no gem choices selected

1 Like

That’s so strange! They’ve been so quiet about these updates that it does make it seem like they’re finished

Yes, when they were first released, Liz said
“For authors, regardless of whether a reader sees the gem choice or not, it will still count towards your gem choice chapter reads”.
I’m pretty sure that for the people who can’t see them, the gem choices selected don’t count towards your count though. For obvious reasons :joy:

3 Likes

Where do the gems go btw? Just towards the story, does the author get some of them?

1 Like

I believe that @EliseC has mentioned (I’m sorry if I just tagged you for no reason :joy:) that authors who qualify to writers payments get a 25% bonus to their payments for gems? You also need 300 gem choices selected to qualify.

3 Likes

Ah, okay. Thanks :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t see them either. :joy: Never have. I always select it anyway though to hopefully support since they supposedly count anyway

1 Like

Yep :slight_smile: It’s just a 25% bonus payment on your story, regardless of how many gem choices are selected (at the moment) but for authors not in payments it’s a way to qualify faster.

I can’t see them either.

6 Likes

Yeah me too! I’ve got all the point for free lol

1 Like