Does anyone know any stories that absolutely break episode

id love to see if anyone’s made stuff like:

• games with free movement
  • characters using only their own art instead of the episode dolls
  • point and click puzzle games

or even just really good minigames, tbh. i read a story recently with a menu and it got me thinking - how far can you stretch episode beyond what its made for? im not experienced enough w the language to know for certain but im p sure you could even do a 2D RPG with enough time if you really hate yourself.
any recommendations of stories that have weird gameplay?

3 Likes

unfortunately, i’m pretty new to episode so i don’t have any experience with those types of stories. i’d love to see stories like what you’ve described, though

1 Like

oh me too! the story with a menu was called out of time by Alvar M. i might experiment and see whats possible

1 Like

okay, i’ll consider reading it, thanks! :grinning:

1 Like

Maybe Clue: L.O.S.T.
by Mary D Sava

It’s an awesome story, highly recommend :smiley:

2 Likes

I kinda doubt anyone would be using own art instead of episode since that is kinda the purpose of the app. if someone wanted to do a complete only there own art they would properly make a comic on tapas or something or maybe there own visual novelle on their own app. because it would be really much work and time to make evrything only your own art. actually I would think that person would be a bit insane to do that if someone did.

though if you want some with adavance codeing I can recomand a few

3 Likes

By The Book by Amberose
RPG by Himeji

i think that those stories are not “usual” episode stories:)

8 Likes

If you check out Duemadiri vn by Vaena, the author (or authors as I think it was two authors who worked on the story) don’t use the episode dolls as you called it lol but use their own art. It was actually an enjoyable story and not what I expected at all.

3 Likes

uhh mette peleikis used to have a story with own characters but discontinued it

Aha, thank you :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Good point! I guess there’s not much point in using an engine that doesn’t fit what you want to make.

on the note. I am publishing my fantazy story for the new contest it is full of mini games, do you want me to tag you when it comes out

1 Like

Sure!

The Faceless Ones, by Tina N’ Nico, I think?

1 Like

Elven by @anyanka.creates recently released an episode story that has only her art in it. Very good story.

Some really cool mini games in the story Catching Coal by @TalGordin. The plot and coding is incredible.
(All of her stories have mini games, definitely love them all)

The Shadows by @cecemarie_writes if I remember correctly has a bunch of mini games.

Besides the stories already mentioned, that’s all I can think of as of now unfortunately :thinking:

3 Likes

Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart:

1 Like

The Gamer Girl by @wincyyellow is about a girl who likes gaming. As reader you get to also play a bit of the games she plays. That’s really lots of fun! Totally recommend the story as it also has amazing directing, probably the best I know.

3 Likes

i found a bunch that uses really cool coding and art works
all aboard by j.j
-intense coding and is the first episode that i read were choices matter
-short but amazing

the infected by caitorir
-has some mini games
-presented well and able to reply the story
-multiple li’s (more than 3 and that takes a large amount of coding)
-not “crazy will break episode” but it does stand out

counting sheeps by piccalilli
-like the ‘infected’ but not as much mini games, does stand out from the rest of the stories though

black magic by e r gurney
-defiantly recommend
-uses her pwn art works and has really cool mini games
-defiantly “broke” episode

also a sly mention for my up and coming stories that i hope will “break episode”
they will be called “my episodegames” - literally an episode game, no storylines just fun AND invasive -with storyline and coding is SOOOOO hard

3 Likes

stories by rezogen use only art!

1 Like