Does anyone know? Any tips?

Does anyone have any art tips that they can share? :blush: To help some starting artist in the community.

Random Tags.

Tags

@Raybadem
@Ms.Kate
@Cheyara_Skadi
@Bridi
@Shuka

3 Likes

Awesome idea! And I would love to share some stuff here! I might stalk this thread with to many tips lol.

2 Likes

yay! :joy:

2 Likes

@PerplexedJam
@Rylie
@Rac5hel
@rvaleria322
@KQUEEN
@Killerfrost
@Koolgal77
@Queen_K

4 Likes

I have a feww

1. References And Youtube Tutorials they’re always great to use
  2. Don’t worry about style it’s not the most important thing in the world
  3. Practice Practice Practice (This is the most important tip here)
  4. Shading it changes a lot
  5. Blurring and Opacity And Soft Light Is Your Friend
    If i think of more i’ll make sure to share these are just the basic ones i can think of right now
4 Likes

So what should I explain first?
Lmfaooo

• Hair tutorial(comic)
  • Hair tutorial( realistic)
  • How to outline characters
  • How to shade skin
  • Clothing shading
  • Eye shading

0 voters

1 Like

lmao all of em

2 Likes

at the same time in 5 seconds lmao (i should actually change my vote now)

2 Likes

All of em? Jesus.

2 Likes

lol

2 Likes

This isn’t a tip more just a rule everybody should follow, Please Don’t Steal or Recolor Art and Claim It As Your Own Or Trace Unless It Is For PRACTICING PURPOSES ONLY (And That Only Counts For Tracing).

2 Likes
  • Practice - It takes time to master techniques and learn brushes. Practice as much as you can, as often as you can. Never stop practising because you can always learn something knew.

• When it comes to style, don’t worry about how everyone else’s look. Find your style, the one you are comfortable with and the one you enjoy doing.

• Reference photo’s are a godsend.

• Although I never watched any tutorial videos, I’m sure many people will find them helpful.

• Have a colour palette at the side of your edit/drawing. I usually do a base colour, 2 different lighter shades and 2 different darker shades.

• Brushes make a huge difference - Dip Pen (Hard), Airbrush Trapezoid 20% are the favourites for anyone using Ibis Paint X - Also have the stabiliser on for clean strokes when doing outlines!

• Entering Outline contests is a fun way of practising.

• Before you start any shading, choose where you want the light source to come from so you can determine where darker shading needs to be, same with highlight.

• Don’t overdo highlight otherwise it looks out of place and awkward.

• Have fun :slight_smile:

4 Likes

As For Free/Payment Art Programs If You’re Looking Here Are Some I Recommend

Computer

Medibang Paint Pro (Free)
Fire Alpaca (Free)
Gimp (Free)
Krita (Free)
Photoshop (I believe it varies depending on how long you want it for but you do have to pay)
Paint Tool Sai ($50 One Time Payment)
Clip Studio Paint ($49.99 One Time Payment)

Mobile

Medibang Paint Pro (Free)
Procreate ($10 A month (I Think)
Ibis Paint X (Free)
autodesk sketchbook (Free)

3 Likes

Once again if i think of anymore i’ll edit this post to add them these are the only ones i could think of at the top of my head

1 Like

Okay how to outline characters.
So for these tips/tutorials I am using ibis paint x. A free app.
So for this you are going to take a random character it doesn’t matter and load it into your app.

Turn on this. The force fade point and the stabilizer to 10.

Make the background the second box the chekard one.
Then make sure to outline on layers different then the layer the character is one.
Lower the opacity the of the character so it’s easier to see your outline. It does notatter what size of pen you use cause it differs but you dip pen hard black.
For the lips(outline with a color you want the lips to be) I usually make the bottom lip a bit bigger if you understand so I make it a circle underneath the bottom lip. Then for the nose use a brownish color. Then on a new layer outline the eyes with black. But make a line below the eyeliner and one above and color it in. Once the eye is done. Just duplicate the layer switch it to the other side.
For the hair. Just outline what you see on the character I will get into a actual hair tutorial with the hair and coloring bla Bla Bla with a different tutorial. I made this quick outline so sorry if this took to long to type.

@lanafrazer_episode

2 Likes

For Backgrounds Or Photo manipulation FREE FOR PERSONAL AND COMMERCIAL USE are the websites you should be using (Please don’t just pick up a picture from google without reading their terms)
Some Sites You Can Use

https://pixabay.com/en/
https://www.pexels.com/
https://unsplash.com/
https://free-images.com/
If you’d like to pay for really good images I recommend Shutterstock
https://www.shutterstock.com/

1 Like

I feel Like an art nazi 0-0 it’s okay

1 Like

uhh okay well I don’t do episode art but my tips are:

• Honestly relax. A lot of people compare themselves to others or stress themselves to make their art PERFECT. So basically… stop. You’re going to frustrate yourself, and lose total confidence in your ability. Just relax and do your thing, you may not make anything completely perfect in your eyes but art isn’t about perfection. Take your time.

• Have fun with it bruh. Don’t kill yourself trying to be THE artist. Just chill and draw :point_right::point_right:

2 Likes

Awesome advice Kayli!

2 Likes

I agree a lot of people get really frustrated with their art because it doesn’t look good and they forget the whole purpose which is to have fun and get better everybody should feel happy with their art because the more you practice the more you improve.

2 Likes