Does Anyone know how to make backgrounds for episode?

Hi Does anyone know how to make Backgrounds for to use in episode or does anyone know of any tutorials for how to make them because I wanna learn how to make my own.

1 Like

Hiya! You’ll find that most people suggest editing/drawing software. If you have the means, I personally use Photoshop and Procreate.

Others use GIMP, which is free and much like Photoshop. My best advice is start by editing Episode backgrounds, mash some together and draw some details out. This will help you learn without having to create an entire background from scratch.

That is how I’ve been learning, and you can see some of my work here:

Most commonly, you’ll find a lot of Episode background creators use a process called Photobashing and you can find videos of this kind of art on YouTube.

Ok Thank You for your help I appreciate it a lot! :slightly_smiling_face:

Moved to Art Resources since this is about backgrounds. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

I use a free 3D software called Daz Studio on my pc, but I adjust (sometimes customize) and render out images of 3D models/sets purchased from the Daz Store.

I use Procreate to edit free images from free image websites and sometimes my renders to, since I find the software more streamlined than others. I mainly use Procreate for cropping and making sections partly transparent.

I’ve also seen some people say they’ve used PicsArt to make their backgrounds and overlays but I’m not sure how to do that as I haven’t tried myself.

I think it really depends on what style you’d like to go for, how long you’re willing to spend on your creation processes (a single render can take me anywhere from 10 minutes to 4 hours+ but editing backgrounds on my iPad is generally quicker) and how much money you’re willing to spend as well. :thinking:

1 Like

Ok thank you so much! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

No worries, good luck with it!