Does anyone know how to move a character with spot directing?

I want to create a height difference between my characters but every time the characters exit the scene, they either size up to the normal height or size back down to the normal height. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

2 Likes

Click on “Show Helpers” then click on “Spot Directing” from there you can place them where you want as well as size them how you want!

2 Likes

Click “Show helpers”, then “Spot directing” then move the characters and place them where you want, then copy the spot you’ll find below the preview box. And then if you wanna make a character walk to the spot,
write
@CHARACTER walks to spot [Paste the spot there] and if you wanna do an animation while walking then write
@Character walks to spot __ AND CHARACTER is [animaiton]

1 Like

Instead of using @CHAR exits [direction], have the spot directed character walk to a position off screen, so they’ll stay the same height

1 Like

Thank you all so much!!

1 Like

Welcome :sparkling_heart:

Here’s a tip. This is part of my script. Notice the two lines I marked with red. I have “Young Harper” spot directed, and I want to avoid her changing size as she exits. On the second red mark, I have her “exiting the screen” to the same spot but with a negative number in the middle. That negative number is actually off-screen, so it looks like she is exiting but she actually isn’t, so she won’t change size.

I hope you find this useful. The second number is located on the X-axis of the screen, and the character will walk in the same spot to off-screen - hence the negative number.

Note: Leave the first and third number the same. Change the second number to a negative value.

2 Likes

Thank you, this is really helpful!

2 Likes

Moved to Directing Helps and Tips since this is about coding. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.