Does anyone know the script coding for linking your Instagram at the end of each episode?

I can’t locate any thorough instructions on how you code the option for readers to follow you on Instagram, at the end of each episode (i.e. “Would you like to follow me on Instagram?” Yes or No) Does anyone know the exact coding for this?

You can’t direct people to your Instagram through your script, you can only tell them what your Instagram username is and hope they follow you.

You can however, add your Instagram username in below the description box in the portal and that will take readers to your Instagram page after a few chapters (if they choose to follow you), but it isn’t a coding/script feature.

Screenshot

The “Social Media Accounts (optional)” section is where you can type in your username(s).

1 Like

schittwriter thank you for your response! Yeah, it’s strange. Every time I read other authors stories they’ll ask at the end:

Would you like to follow me on Instagram?

Yes
(or)
Maybe later.

When I choose yes, the button takes me straight to instagram or their actual instagram page. I already have my instagram user name in the (optional) social media box of the writer’s portal, and I’ve tried adding the same type of question at the end of my episodes. This is how I’ve attempted to code it:

NARRATOR
Would you like to follow me on instagram?

choice
“Yes!”{

NARRATOR
https://www.instagram.com/neeneeepisodes

}
“Maybe later”{

NARRATOR
Ok, no problem!

}

Afterwards, I tested it myself by pressing “yes” and it didn’t take me anywhere like it does in authors stories. It just stated my instagram address. How are these other authors able to send you to instagram with that button? Is it just that their story has become popular enough that Episode automatically creates a link in your scripted choice like you said? :woman_shrugging:

When you fill out your Instagram in the box it should give an option to go to the authors Instagram. It doesn’t matter how big or small of an author you are. It has never worked for me when I try it in peoples stories so you can just tell people what your Instagram is. You can’t directly link things in your story.

1 Like

is this what everyone’s talking about?

2 Likes

yes.

2 Likes

Got it! Thank you everyone. I appreciate you :kissing_heart:. I thought it was some sort of special trick I was missing :wink:

1 Like