Does anyone read featured stories a lot?

So I’m not making this to hate on episode or say that I hate their featured stories but I just can’t read them. I love episode a lot and I honestly don’t think I could imagine my life without it but the featured stories just don’t do it for me. Sometimes when a new one comes out I’ll read it up to the first gem choice but then I just stop. Other than that, the writing is just mediocre and all the stories are so similar. Not to mention there just isn’t a lot of genres available, mostly romance. When I first started reading on episode I only read feature stories because I thought the user stories would be bad but now it’s the other way around. The only featured story I actually enjoyed was ‘Loving Bad’ which is based on an actual novel by an author called Regan Ure. I’ve read it a few times and I just really like it. I think it’s just because the gem choices didn’t have much of an effect on the storyline. I’ve never been able to read another featured story and when user stories that I like are made into featured stories I still can’t read them because they’re never done justice.

So here’s a few questions:

1. Do you read/enjoy feature stories?
  2. What featured stories do you like the best?
  3. Do you spend gems in featured stories?
  4. Do you read user stories that have been made into featured stories or do you prefer the original?
  5. Does anyone only read featured stories?
  6. Does anyone only read user stories?
  7. What’s your overall opinion on featured stories?
1 Like

I definitely prefer non featured stories over the official featured episode ones, 99% of the time the featured ones are really cliche and cringe and just not very engaging. They’re all very similar as well, and the writing really isn’t that advanced most of the time. Oh and almost all featured stories are about romance, theres no variety between the stories a lot of the time. Some are good though, for example Joseph Evans stories are really good and they’re featured (I think?) But ya, from offering way too many gem options and just average story lines, there are so many reasons to prefer non featured stories. But that’s jus my opinion

1 Like

When I first started using Episode I read featured stories a lot and really enjoyed Episode originals like Catfish and ones written by Sandra G, I didn’t even know community stories existed at the start :joy: But now I only read community stories because personally, I wouldn’t spend real money on gems and I don’t wanna keep picking bad choices because I can’t pick the gem options in featured stories

1 Like

Hey Elxise,

Thank you for this topic, because I think it’s very useful. :wink:
I have the same trouble as you have…
When I start reading a feature story (and lately it’s seldom… :roll_eyes: ) I quit reading after a few chapters… And the reason is quite simple: I get bored, because the featured stories are all the same.

1. Do you read/enjoy feature stories?
    Nah, lately… I am bored of them…
  2. What featured stories do you like the best?
    Those with romance, gangs and drama… :woman_facepalming:t2:
  3. Do you spend gems in featured stories?
    Not anymore… That’s the main reason why I stopped reading feature stories… :wink:
  4. Do you read user stories that have been made into featured stories or do you prefer the original?
    I prefer original… Because that is the story where it started with…
  5. Does anyone only read featured stories?
    Idk… I don’t… I stopped reading them…
  6. Does anyone only read user stories?
    I only read user stories, because I think they deserve more readers… :wink:
  7. What’s your overall opinion on featured stories?
    I stopped reading them because the scripts are mostly the same topics… When it’s about high school it’s about good girl trying to change bad boy and mean girl trying to torn them apart… If it’s about something else it’s about good girl meets mafia boss, wants to change him and becomes bad herself… :thinking:
    I better like to give my tickets to a story from a new or unknown writer with a special new script. :wink:

Love A-W

I like to read featured stories, but 75 percent of the time I have to stop readinga story because it is clear the author the author didn’t write a plot before hand. For example in the romance genre the main couple goes through the the same conflicts over and over again without any change in mindset or behavior. The first time the conflict is presented to you it’s interesting, but by the 4th time it can become boring.

Also If you don’t know what to read next, follow your favorite authors and read some of their suggestions.

• Do you read/enjoy feature stories?
    I did enjoy reading featured stories a lot! But there’d be a certain point where I’d spend so much money on gems ( :eyes:) . On top of that, certain gem choices would determine the whole story and if you didn’t have any gems, it’s your loss and it began to bother me, on how much money I spent on gems a month (it was a lot…)
  • What featured stories do you like the best?
    Love on fire, Pitch Perfect and Blood Lust was the last featured stories that I read and loved.
  • Do you spend gems in featured stories?
    Yes, way too much…
  • Do you read user stories that have been made into featured stories or do you prefer the original?
    That’s what I tend to do now, to get rid of the gem choices, almost every featured story, the original version is on my shelf.
My two cents

I feel like featured stories are good as they are, it’s just mostly gem choices, for instance, there was one story where I needed like 50 gems to fix the MC’s relationship with the LI. Me being a total nerd for love, I went out of my way and bought gems for it. At times I’d end up spending up to $50 a week just for gems to be quickly run out, and I knew it went a little too far so I just stopped. Sometimes reading the original story is better than the featured stories, because sometimes there are some parts taken out of the story, which can honestly be the best. Also, there’s no gem choices (no need to spend so much money) and there’s the full-length story right there easily accessible.