Does Limelight Lag?

Maybe it’s just me, but isn’t limelight laggy? For example, I was reading “Broke AF” by katrine.stories, and she had a party scene with a lot of limelight characters… and jesus, I could barely get through that scene (I was literally about to quit the entire story, it was so unbearable).
It took like 40 seconds for a new bubble to pop up. (I’ve also seen this in many limelight stories.)

Thoughts?

It might lag, but the animation kinda seems slow and robotic

Limelight has always been laggy for me… this whole time, I thought it was just my dusty ass iPad lol :thinking:

LMAOO girl me too :joy:

True. The animations of the characters seem kind’ve dull to me.

Yes it does, at least on some devices.
I’ve also had a lot of people tell me that my scenes crash on them but compared to some of my INK scenes, there aren’t many characters in them at all :persevere:
I would never do large party scenes for LL. Anything with more than 7 or 8 characters seemed to have problems. In fact I had scenes crashing with just 6 characters :sob:

I don’t have any problems on my iPhone 8, but it was a bit laggy in large scenes on my iPhone 6

Interesting.

You probably already realized, but just to clarify, when I say “large scenes” I mean, like everyone else, ones with lots of overlays and characters. The length of the scene has never made a difference. :joy:

I remember Dara saying somewhere, that any scene with more than 10 characters is bound to crash. D:

I thought it was just me! I’ve been working on a LL story, and it seems there is a beat between a character’s actions/reactions that I didn’t put there.

It’s a little frustrating, but hopefully it’s a fixable error the team will get to eventually.