Does my MC look alright? (would you play as this mc?)

Btw sorry for getting so triggered

1 Like

yes! i do agree that those are some common/generic characteristics but ultimately people don’t mind playing as an mc that looks exactly how the author envisions them - especially if it’s important to you bc you’re providing art scenes. at the end of the day it’s your story, so it’s up to you what you do with the characters in it.
personally i think that advanced directing, meaningful choices, an interesting plot line and the use of overlays/sounds are what makes a story good and would make people read it.

• you could also consider adding very limited customisation (so that she still resembles the art scenes) but the readers would be satisfied as they can still change her.
  • i love ink much more but if you want to make an mc with more varied characteristics you could do your story in limelight? (as it has more options and consistent updates right now) but obviously that’s a bit of a stretched option…

lmk if you put out the story x

3 Likes

It’s perfectly fine. I almost forgot it anyway. :joy:

1 Like

that being said, many successful stories with millions of views feature no customisation! :wink:

1 Like

Yeah she looks pretty but a tad bit cliche. But this isn’t your fault since Episode INK has literally zero facial features no unique face aspects

1 Like

Sure! I was thinking of very limited option but they cant change hair, skin color, or eye color.

yeah that would make sense :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah I was aiming for cliche, because ik for the most people if its bei g used frequently then that means people like it, and I agree they dont really even have aisian features in ink tbh

1 Like

ikr

Even if the MC is cliche, there’s so much more to the story.
Eg - Plot, directioning, grammar, etc.

In my opinion, if the reader is playing as the MC, rather than being the MC, it shouldn’t matter what the MC looks like (in some context)/off putting, opposed to the plot and other features.

But back to the question. You’re MC looks great. I definitely get confidence radiating from her.

Tysmm!

Bump!

She doesn’t look like she’s half black. She looks like she might be a quarter at most. To be honest, most white MCs look like this, so if you are keen to add a bit of representation in your story, it would be lovely to see her a tone lighter.

I’d probably click off this story if I was told that I had to believe she was half black

6 Likes

It feels like a big cop-out to me. Like, we’re supposed to believe this is representation when it doesn’t really add any representation at all. You might as well just make her white then.

8 Likes

I second this. There are already hundreds of MCs just like this. Why tell people she’s mixed if you’re not willing to show it?

8 Likes

THIS! That’s what I was trying to say!

3 Likes

I don’t like being told that I just have to believe that someone’s biracial, personally. I mean, there are white MCs who tan darker than this! It’s really sad.

2 Likes

That’s why I suggested maybe kinky hair or altering her appearance a bit. It’d be more realistic and accurate that way.

2 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with white MCs – or just having a quarter black MC like the OP said they are. But if you’re going to claim they’re half and half and they don’t look half and half, I’d rather they be white

2 Likes

Yeah I would