Does my Taiwanese character look fine?

So iam making a story. and my main character is from Taiwan so iam just making this post to make sure she looks acceptable so I don’t offend anyone.

Also some people say that not all chinese/Taiwanese people have smaller eyes and some have bigger eyes is that true? this is a genuine question.

Thank you! :blob_hearts:

3 Likes

It is true.

I’d reccomend looking up people to base your character off them. Not only to represent them best, but it also helps make your character more realistic.

3 Likes

BUMP <3

Thank you! <3

1 Like

Hey hun, I would suggest darker hair. My friend is Taiwan and her entire family has dark hair, brown black maybe?

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your suggestions!

the hair is from her non-Taiwanese father! She got it from him.

1 Like

I have another question if you don’t mind is it okay to make them only speak English?

I don’t know chinese and google translate is not accurate…

1 Like

Yeah, most of them actually speak english

1 Like

I already did my research!

And I already knew most tips that were given to me iam just double checking! To see that iam doing it right.

1 Like

*To see if what iam doing is right

If you’re gonna mention the language just to throw it in it’s actually called mandarin!

Moved to Art Resources since this is about character design. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

Actually, there are two chinese dialects. I’m Chinese and my mom speaks cantonese, it’s more complicated and less common than mandarin.
Secondly, @_sparclelluna, Asian people are generally stereotyped to have small, thin eyes. It’s not true. My grandfather, my dad, and I all have big, round eyes. Really, any eye shape would do.

1 Like

She is right, I am part Indonesian, Chinese and Japanese and my ENTIRE family has big eyes.

1 Like

My mother speaks Mandarin and my father speaks Cantonese.

1 Like

this! i was looking to avoid stereotypes to not offend anyone Thanks alot scarlet! :blob_hearts:

1 Like