Does there need to be music in every scene?

Hi everyone, I was wondering what your opinions on this topic are:

Does every scene of a story have to have music in the background or do you find it annoying?

Please let me know what you think :slight_smile:

To be honest, I find it relaxing listening to music while reading stories because it make me concentrate more and it helps me get really into the story. Reading stories with no sound kinda reminds me of reading books and I hardly never finish those :sweat_smile: Maybe switching the music up and having some episodes have no music or dark and spooky music will add tension and suspense to stories, which gets me more interested and anxious! :yum:

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice, I think what I’ll do is write the chapter I want to write story wise and then go back and see what scenes need any music or not :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s a great idea! Good luck with your story :blush:

1 Like

Thanks, I’m actually re-writing one I’ve already published, making it better (hopefully) :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t mind if is no music, but, i do prefer with.

The music help on the atmosphere (i don’t know if this is the right word :sweat_smile:) of the scene, funny, danger, romantic, tension…

3 Likes

Thanks x

1 Like

in my story, i always add music to every episode/chapter. so if you want to add music in every chapter/episode, the DO IT!! Lol. But its your story hun, you can do whatever you want.

3 Likes

Thanks, sometimes though I feel like its a bit boring without sound in the background, and I also haven’t listened to every sound available so I don’t know what they all do yet :slight_smile:

1 Like

Xcuse me french

Oh hell nah u shouldnt put music in EVERY scene. that would get obnoxious, and i guarantee, 9/10 some of the scenes doesn’t need music/the music wont fit with the emotion/theme of the scene.

some scenes are better off with no music, in that way, it actually builds the suspense. instead of music, you use sound.

3 Likes

Thanks for the help, it’s just sometimes I feel like my chapters are too quiet

depending on what type of scene it is, it may be for the best :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, I’m currently redoing one of my live stories and I think once I feel like I’ve made the first 3 chapters stronger than they were before, that’s when I’ll go back and add music to certain scenes if I feel its needed :slight_smile:

I do the same thing! Except I do it when I feel like I need to update the music in my scenes

1 Like

It depends. :woman_shrugging:t3: I tend to use it in most scenes.