Does this bother anyone else?

o k a y,

I saw this post on Instagram like, yesterday, in the comments section of one of those update posts of the stories I read (you know, ‘Chapter 3 up!’).
To give a little context, this is a mafia-based story. I’ve changed the names of some of the characters mentioned because I don’t want to give the author away - while I wouldn’t expect anyone on here to go witchhunting, the internet can be ruthless.

Some people in the comments section were having a little argument about something in the story, the MC’s father not wanting her to get in to the mafia buisness because he doesn’t want her to get hurt/because she’s a girl.
Someone commented that they understand her father’s wishes, as it’s easier to hurt girls (in terms of sexual assault). And after a little back and forth (some arguing), someone posted -

“Well, I agree with her (OP), if someone kidnapped his son, they would torture or kill him but if they kidnapped (MC) they could do a lot worse things to her just like they did to (CHARACTER) for example… That’s why girls are weaknesses in their world…”

I SERIOUSLY disagree with this. I know this person is talking about sexual assault, and in terms of that, men CAN be hurt in that way. To say this, I think, is a HUGE insult to men who are survivors of assault.

… anyways. i just had to say this, somewhere. thanks for reading my small rant,

That’s why girls are weaknesses in their world That’s why girls are weaknesses in their world --------
Repeated it. Still doesn’t make sense. I would’ve done a whole ten-page rant dude! Well… when my story is out- tell them to read it. It’s going to feature a STRONG female lead. Cough cough shameless self promo haha- sorry little off topic Again with the shameless self promo tho

Not gonna lie. Thought I had more rant in me when I started this, but, eh. I suppose it was a whole rant about the MC’s father, because he’s one big huge piece of garbage.

n othin wrong with some self-promo, my dude.

One emoji. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Kinda like- one word- but one emoji is better :sweat_smile:

I hate people like that- that guy in your rant. I’m assuming it’s a guy He bashed guys and girls at the same time! Come on! It’s not like we’re living in the 1800’s! And yea- more self promo haha cough cough It’s going to be called: The Chameleon- and I kind of took the “bad boy” found in most stories and changed it to a female and gave her personality and a heart and the guy who’s going to end up with her is really nice and even afraid of confrontation and getting into fights- he’s a lover- not a fighter- but I also feature strong guys too. YEA KINDA OF OFF TOPIC SORRY.
I’m glad you did a rant on it! This bothers me on so many levels. Thanks for keeping me u all night and causing me to do a kind-of mini rant too! Kidding- kidding
EDIT: Ok, now it doesn’t bother me so much because I just had this simple thought: It was probably not what they intended to write, and if that is the case they should have someone looking over ALL the things they write on social media. If it’s not the case well then…

I kid you not, I’ve read this like a hundred times and I still don’t understand it. Girls are weaker because “more worse things” can be done to us? How does that make us “weaker”? How does that negate the suffering of a man who’s gone through the same thing? Assault in any form is traumatizing no matter what gender it happens to. I mean, you don’t have to be a rocket scientist to realize that. Stuff like this makes me ill. And yes, it’s a total insult to male survivors. It makes it seem like their trauma isn’t legit because “worser things” can be done to “weak” girls. You might as well just say, “Hey, I know you went through this horrible, heinous event, but just be happy that you weren’t a girl! It would’ve been a hundred times worse!” Gross.

I can do another whole rant on the fact that YES- guys were built stronger, but that doesn’t mean that women can’t be strong- or stronger.

'twas not a guy. it was a girl.

Fucking exactly, oh my god.

Bah, girls are weaker? I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t say that when boy hostages also gets ASSAULTED and tortures.

Oh my bad!