Does this happen to you?

Yes they like it, and I think most of them will more likely to read your story if you put at least a “thanks” in the post. They will feel you are not only promoting yourself, but replying to their specific thread.

1 Like

Thanks good to know. It was very helpful

1 Like

lol. Before I read this, I thought that you might have thought my statements here completely mean or wrong or something…

Lol. Yeah sorry meant to click reply in general and didn’t notice I clicked on you. Thats why I wrote that comment at the bottom :blush: it was not meant for you hehe

1 Like

lol I think everyone’s done that

1 Like

I know this is late but I really get pissed off when someone copy and paste their story on EVERY SINGLE THREAD THAT THEY SEE. They do it without even reading the rules. It’s getting annoying.

2 Likes

You are so right-sometimes, some writers just paste their stories on threads all over the promote your story section without even reading what the description says-it sucks and just isn’t fair to others who are on there for the right reason: (
Heck, even in other sections like art resources and directing tips, you will find posts like this but usually these get flagged because they have nothing to do with the topic-it’s just shameful promotion!
It is annoying, irritating, kind of like spam, and I wish people could read the posts like they read their stories :upside_down_face:

Any yes @mikio_writes I have experienced some bad read4reads like getting blocked by an author and one of them told me they stopped using Episode so they couldn’t read my story anymore-heck some of them haven’t even responded back when I read their stories so I just deleted their conversations because I don’t see the point in getting them to read mine-they probably won’t since the people I confronted have said reasons of why they can’t read mine-anyway, I deleted these conversations because my DMs have a lot of people that I messaged (these are people that I had very few words with or people that I don’t talk with anymore because we were never close)-cleanse session, you know :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I have been fairly fortunate to have not had this happen to me, and I am careful of where I post my story’s information tbh - I do do read for reads (do do lol - excuse my juvenile behaviour) and typically, I may approach the writer whose story has interested me or I receive a request to do read for reads that way. There are instances where I will post on a thread as the story has piqued my interest as well.

I had my own thread for promotions which acted as a bookstore (if you witnessed that, I hoped you washed your eyes) and I did add that I would like a snippet of info about them as a writer (I want to make sure their story stands out and for them to sell their story well) but it is no use as some people will just copy and paste their info anyways :joy:

I feel like it is the fact these authors see a promotion thread or recommendation thread or read for read thread so feel like they need to put their info there to help garner reads. Lmao as @JemU776 had said you do spot some story promos in threads like the art resources area (happened on one of my threads :sweat_smile:).

1 Like

I’ve been fortunate that the people who I do R4R’s with have gotten back to me. I have heard it happen to other people and I find that rude and also stupid of the person keep on going back there knowing that you know she didn’t complete her part of the deal.

1 Like

Yeah, I mean I don’t really get pissed off by this, but when I see the same story in dozens of threads that just makes me never wanna read it.

2 Likes

Luckily, I haven’t quite experienced it. I did make a R4R thread where I requested that people sent me a screenshot of my story before I started reading theirs - and a lot of them have done it. However, there were a couple of people who clearly just copy-pasted their story information in the thread without even reading my requirements. I haven’t seen them post a screenshot yet and therefore I haven’t read their story either.
But unfortunately, I think there’s a little too many who want reads so badly that they don’t give a flying fuck about others. It’s sad but these people always exist.

2 Likes